Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support - Mon. 1/8 thru Sun. 1/14

Posted by marci_pa (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 8, 07 at 7:41

Good Morning!

Raeanne - I will do the exchange one more year and then turn the reins over to you for next year. Thanks!

Here is the list for the Un-Birthday Exchange:
Raeanne
Patti
NHSuzanne
Donna_SouthNJ
Marci

I'll wait until I think everyone has had a chance to sign up and then pair up names.

Have a great week!
Marci

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support - Mon. 1/8 thru Sun. 1/14

Good morning all,

Marci, it's like old times when you start us off for the week!! Thanks.

We had the most spectacular weekend here. Strange because it was in the low 60's on Saturday but it was great. Raeanne, you are right! I was out with Sweet Pea and we had a blast Saturday and Sunday. Sat it was way too hot for the girls who have a winter coat on so we took it easy. Sunday was cooler and crystal clear and we went off on a great adventure exploring trails that we haven't done, some dead ends and others new horizons for longer trips. Alot of bushwacking through "unchartered" territory. It was fun and I think SP and Casey really enjoyed the new adventure.

Other than that I did nothing spectacular except laundry and we all know how spectacular and fun that is!! LOL

This morning it's pouring rain. I am glad my beautiful hens had two days of free ranging so I don't feel too bad about them being in the run today. We got 9 eggs on Saturday!!!!

I hope everyone has a great Monday!!

o

Good Morning!

Up and at 'em! Just back from the gym. I have started a new streak; getting some exercise everyday. Lunch is packed and I am ready to go!

QOD: what's on everyone's agenda for the week?

o

Marci - don't make any hasty decisions you have a year to think about this LOL. I am sure Dee would want to be in the unbirthday exchange and she is on vacation right now.

Tikanis - I like your renewed energy and dedication - good for you! I was at the gym 6:30 this morning - I have to go before my common sense kicks in and tells me to stay in bed LOL.

NH Suzanne - my art instructor has postponed classes until the spring, so I may set my easel up in my basement and start working on the eggs. I am glad you had a nice weekend on the trails - I guess it wasn't muddy by you - a lot of hikers around here are complaining about the mud.

QOD - no big plans this week, work, workout, lunch with girlfriends on Tuesday is the big highlight, Saturday I go to a 60th bday party and have been instructed to bring no presents except for a wrapped unbroken item from home - (Tikanis, if they didn't say unbroken, guess what would've ended up there LOL?) - sounds like some kind of Yankee Swap or Re-Gifting party LOL.

Enjoy your day!

o

Raenne, oh yes, muddy,muddy but not bad in the woods. My paddock is worse than it ever was in the spring! It's still pouring here!

QOD: Stay focused on my detox plan. I am doing well with it so far.

o

Hello,

Marci, count me in for the Unbirthday!

Raeanne, we are staying at the Adventura Spa Palace at the Riviera Maya. Where are you staying at?

Gotta run, auditors are on their merry little way!

Jen

o

Jen - we stay at the Gran Melia Cancun - it is right on the main strip called the hotel zone. I believe you are closer to Tulum - which has beautiful Mayan ruins, if you get a chance you should go see them. My recommendation is to hire a driver and not rent your own car.

o

I am back to posting on Fitday.com and it really helps keep me honest.

Breakfast: 3/4 c. oatmeal, 1/2 c.1% milk, 1/2 banana
Lunch: 3 meatballs, small salad, lite yogurt
Snack: 2 handfuls of mixed raw vegies, tangerine
Dinner: eggwhite omelette with parmesean, large salad w/
lite Italian dressing.

I am varying my calorie intake each day as a metabolism booster. We'll see how well it works.

I had a great day today. I plan to hit the gym at least 3 x a week and alternate with other exercises on my off days. I am going to dinner and to see a play on Friday with my dear friend who is moving to Iowa next month. Saturday I MUST do some housecleaning. The rest of the week is up in the air!

Back tomorrow,

Tikanas

o

Well, I am still sick but am finally going to the doctor tomorrow. I am so tired of coughing and my throat is sore from it...I have taken every OTC cough thingy available at CVS so it's time to visit the doc. Luckily I don't get sick often but when I do I sure don't fool around LOL!!

My dad is going to the hospital on Thursday for hip replacement surgery - if you think of it, a prayer is appreciated.

My little furbaby, Lacey, who just turned 13 has a bladder infection and kidney stone. She had a huge stone 4 years ago that was surgically removed. This time tests show it might be dissolvable and we are giving her mega doses of antibiotics and go back in 4 weeks. Special food and bottled water for the little princess (definitely worth it).

Other than this exciting news nothing much is new. Suzanne, I love reading about your rides, the way you describe things makes me feel like I am there. The weather this past Saturday was truly unbelievable wasn't it?

Raeanne - 6:30 a.m. is when I should go to the gym but don't. Maybe after I kick this cough I will start doing things right. Tikanas - you go girl!! I am impressed and in awe.

Raeanne and Jen - I visited Cancun once and really liked it, would definitely return. No idea what hotel we stayed at but it was in the hotel zone and was very nice.

Marci, thank you for doing the exchange!!

QOD: Guess I answered it - all of the above stuff. I am taking a long weekend (off Monday, not a holiday for me). Hope to get some stuff done and relax (ha!)

Will stop within the next day or two - will let you know how my dad makes out. He already has one hip replacement and one knee replacement (in addition to a bazillion other surgeries) - we call him the bionic man. He has all kinds of cards in case he sets off security detectors.

Take care.....Donna

o

Donna, I am so sorry to hear that you are so sick! Take care of yourself and Lacey too. My cat has diabetes and gets insulin 2x a day. Once diagnosed, he is back to his old self. I hope the same for Lacey. I will definitely send prayers your Dad's way on Thursday.

Another great day here... My flex plan allowed me more calories today. I want going to the gym at 6:00 am to become a habit. So much so that I'll actually miss it if I skip it.... I hear that it takes about a month to make something a habit. I am on a roll LOL!

Raeanne, we can hit the gym together!

Check in everyone!

Tikanas

o

Hello, hello??????? Anybody out there???????

Donna, I hope you are feeling better really soon. I hope your furbaby feels well soon too. (((HUGS)))

Okay, where is everyone today?

o

I'm here Suzanne!

Donna, I hope that you are all better now.

Back tomorrow,

Tikanas

o

Hi all! I hope that those that are sick get better & those that are doing well on their plans stick with it. I talked to one of my oldest & dearest friends tonight. He has throat cancer & has lost from 255# down to 155#. He has developed a hole in his throat so everything he tries to intake through his mouth goes out his throat. His S.O. was saying that they were just blessed that they had already put the feeding tube back in b/c now they are able to feed him through it. He is just a few years older than me & has stuck with me through everything that I've been through since 1979. He has had a rough time too. He divorced in that time, had a business go under, & remarried. His wife died of scleroderma. Tikanis~you know if that is the right spelling or not. He worshipped her & did everything for her. She lived about 11 or 12 years after she was diagnosed & I believe it was all b/c of him. When I got sick, he would call me every day. Then he moved to Dallas & we moved here, & we just didn't keep in touch like we should have, I should say, I didn't keep in touch like I should have after he came down with cancer of the throat b/c I had to talk to him through the operator on the phone & it was hard for me to talk with ease to him with someone else on the telephone. (Not that anything was a secret.) I am so upset. I am to call him next month when we go to TX. We will leave on the 5th & not come back until the 28th so I'll be out of touch for quite a while. BTW, Dave asked me to say hi to everyone. He held me for a long time after I got off of the telephone until I could stop crying. He is SO understanding.

My knee MRI came back negative so I start PT again next week on Tuesday. That is the good news. My foot still hurts but it won't kill me & that is the good news too. Thanks, Marci, for taking care of the unbirthday exchange. Prayers for all who need them. And, keep up the good work, really, for those who are doing so well. I'm honestly proud of you. Patti :)

o

Good morning all,

It's a chilly 11 degrees here this morning! What a difference a day makes.

Patti, I am sorry about your friend. It sounds like he's had a rough time of it. Hi back to Dave!! Glad the knee is negative - PT is a good thing usually.

Donna how are you feeling today?

Tikanis you sound great!! Whatever you are doing keep doing it!

Raeanne, how was lunch with your girlfriends? Are you still recovering? LOL

Everyone check in.

QOD: Who has next Monday off Jan 15th - Martin Luther King Day?

o

Hi Everyone:
Just wanted to check in and let you all know that after a very long journey my Mom passed away on Monday afternoon.
I was by her side since New Years Day.
I am going next Saturday to Myrtle Beach for a week and hopefully my head will be in a different place when I return.
Take care
Joanne

o
(((joanne)))

Joanne,

I am so so sorry. I know that it has been a long road for you and your family. I am so happy that you were with her when she passed. I think it is very comforting. I hope that you can relax and unwind while you are away. I will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts.

Love, Besh

o

Hello,

It is a little chilly here too Suzanne. What a change. I'm not minding it too much, but my poor DH has been having to do some outside work. At least when he comes home he can defrost in the hot tub!

QOD: I have Monday off! I also have tomorrow off. Professional Development day for teachers so I don't have to go in!

Patti, I am sorry to hear about your friend. You sound like you are good support for him. I hope the the PT works for you. Dave, right back at ya!

Donna, I hope you are feeling better. (((HUGS))). I'm thinking of you. How is your kitty doing?

Tikanis it sounds like you are on the right track. Keep up the great work.

Raeanne, what are you giving for the unbroken gift? I could supply everyone at the party with something with the amount of "things" I have around here!

Did anyone hear about SS house? So sad. I'm sure she will rebuild and make many more happy memories.

I pulled out all of my WW stuff, AGAIN. I am going to read through it over the weekend and decide if I want to try and commit myself to it again. If I do, it will be full steam ahead. Meetings and everything.

Have a great evening!

Love, Besh

o

Good Morning,

Joanne, ((((HUGS))) to you and yours. I am happy that your mother is finally at peace and I am happy that you were able to be there with her. Have a wonderful, healing trip.

o

Thanks, Besh & NH Suzanne.

Joanne, [[[[ H U G S ]]]], I will be thinking of you while you are down here. I'm glad that you were able to be with your Mom. I cannot pretend to know what it is like to lose a parent b/c I never have but I lost my DGM & DGF & they were like parents to me. I hope that you know that you can come here for all of the love & support that you want or need.

I guess that I posted at a bad time the other night. It was all pure raw emotion. Come out, come out everyone & check in.

Besh~I did hear about SS losing her home. She was very brave about it though. I don't know if I could have been.

Well, hope to see more people checking in today. Patti :)

o
RE: SS Support - Mon. 1/8 thru Sun. 1/14**

Good morning,

Besh, you lucky duck having a four day weekend!! I am looking forward to three! This week was he// as I had to work five days!! LOL Today I have to go into Boston and I pray that I don't get stuck in holiday traffic on my way out. Ugh. I forgot to ask you if the noise has settled down over the new Lather and Lace Salon in Salem?? I think it was MA and not NH. How silly.

I hope we hear from everyone today. Check in.

o

Joanne - ((((HUGS)))) I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in knowing she is finally at peace again.

Patti - (((((HUGS)))) How sad to lose someone like your friend - I'm glad that Dave is the guy he is and is your source of comfort and strength.

QOD - I have my usual 1 day weekend LOL - so I am jealous of all of you LOL.

Suzanne - lunch with the girls was fun, I was very good, no drinks and stuck with a salad for lunch (unlike when I get together with you and Dee LOL). We laughed the entire time.

Donna - How did dad do with the surgery? I know you must be very busy. I hope you are back to normal by now - let us know.

Tikanis - I'm still undecided what I am bringing to the party - but I have a ton of things to choose from. Not sure which way to go - a nice gift or a goofy gift.

Make the most of your day!

o

Tremendous huge HUGS to all who need them (donna, Patti, dear Joanne, donna's dad, Joanne's mom spirit). My thoughts are with you all.

Well, I promised I 'see' you guys. I'm aboard the Holland America Noordam. She is extremely elegant and not one for very young people, but I am totally relaxed. Ed is off exploring St. Marteen and I'm off to the pool to enjoy the view from there (as I've been here 3 x before).

Managed to watch my intake of food, although I must admit at the same time my intake of rum has increased a tad....LOL (Raeanne, that's for you!)

Marci, I'm IN for the un-birthday pool.

Hope to check in again before I return (Wednesday afternoon).

Take care, eat healthfully, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

((((Joanne)))) My heart goes out to you. I hope that your time in Myrtle Beach is refreshing for you.

Patti, I am sorry to hear about your friend. And scleroderma It is a horrible disease. That Dave is a real stand up guy...

Donna, how is your Dad doing?

Besh, what did you decide about WW?

Hi, DeeMarie! I'll bet you are having fun. Any chance of some pics this vacation?

NHSuzanne, What are you up to?

Raeanne, what did you bring to the party?

QOD: I am working on Monday but I am having a great weekend. Last night I went for a nice girl's night out with some friends and a couple of our daughters. We went to dinner and then to see the Marvelous Wonderettes, a campy musical where the 50's doo-op music served as most of the dialogue. It was terrific. I understand that it is playing across the US. See it if you get the chance.

Tonight I am going to see my DS play a gig at a coffee house and tomorrow I have a date with Jack Bauer : ) (kids got me last season's dvd).

Have a great weekend!

Tikanas

o

Tikanis - we each had to bring a gift, so we brought a Pfaltzgraft frame that I have had for about 6 years and never put pictures in it. I also brought a box filled with used candles - not broken. I have so many new candles - I decided to get of the old ones - there were a lot - I wrapped the package beautifully so that someone would want to pick it LOL. I got a used leg brace from a girl that had a leg injury this past fall. We cut out early from the party - so I don't know who ended up with my gifts. The show sounded great. How did DS gig go?

Dee - glad the ship is so grand - and I'm proud of you and your rum intake LOL.

Suzanne - hope you had a smooth trip into Boston.

It's a bit slippery outside here today, a little layer of ice with a little layer of snow. I think I will drag out some clothes for my Cancun trip and take my mind off the 24 degrees out there LOL.

Enjoy the day.

o

Hi!

((Joanne)) and ((Patti))

I am off tomorrow so will have more time to give a real post. I just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and asking about my dad. Luckily, his surgery went fine and we are just waiting for one more doc to give clearance and he can come home today...if not, tomorrow. He chose to do his physical therapy as an outpatient which is really the best of both worlds.

Our weather is gorgeous - feels like spring.

Gotta run...will check in tomorrow.

QOD: I took Monday off but it is not a holiday where I work.

Donna

o

Good Monday all,

We are having ice and sleet today. I have the day off and I am bummed that the weather stinks. No riding today. I guess I will have to tackle a closet or two today. Ugh.

Donna, I am glad all is well with your father. I am sure you are happy that it's behind you all.

I hope everyone will check in here soon!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here