Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just a small introduction.

Posted by britni_allie (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 15, 09 at 2:16

Hi Everyone! I don't really know how all this works...Soo I figure I will just start by telling you all, that like the rest of you, I am trying to change my body. Recently, I had started going to the gym with my best friend, who also lived with me and my family. I still live at home, while I go to school. We went to the gym, a lot...well long story short, my family had to kick her out, a decision I also agreed with. Unfortunately with losing her as a friend, I also lost my support for trying to loose weight. Which brings me here. I don't mean to offend, but knowing there are people who struggle with their weight like I do, kinda gives me a piece of mind. My sister is tall tiny and beautiful, and even though we are close, this is one thing she will never be able to under stand.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just a small introduction.

Britni: Hi! Welcome!

You are not alone in losing your gym partner. I lost my workout buddy this past spring. I haven't been to the gym since.

But here are some ideas:

1. If you still have the gym membership, try going alone to one of the group classes. After 3 or 4 sessions, the regulars will start including you in their groans and comments about the class---it's a bonding thing! And you will find new workout friends and get fit at the same time.

2. Load up your iPod or MP3 player with a bunch of fast beat songs and force yourself to go walking. Don't say you're going to do it every day. That's just unrealistic. Start by choosing 2 times a week and then just head out, listen to the music, and go where your feet take you! If your gym has a walking track, all the better. Go there and decide you will walk for 45 minutes...then do it.

3. If your school has an after hours gym schedule, go to that and try a new sport. Or just watch on the sidelines until you get motivated. Often times, when you sit on the sideline, someone will come up and talk to you and or invite you into a game.

You CAN work out alone, but it is extremely difficult. Try journaling after you work out. Write down how you feel after your workout. Then, when you feel unmotivated, read your journal to inspire you to keep going!

And one last thought--you are never going to be like your sister. You're never going to be like ANYONE ELSE! Celebrate YOU being YOU! You have many qualities that she doesn't. And if you're close to your sister, tell her how you feel. I'm sure she will tell you how many things about you that she envies!

If youd like, come join us on the SS Daily Support thread. Many of us have been struggling all of our lives with weight, good intentions, and failure. We pick each other up again and again...and AGAIN! We know that, no matter what, we have this goal and even if we never reach it, we can always TRY to accomplish it. That's moving forward. Don't look back!

***********Just go for it!************

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here