Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Cranberry Orange Nut Cookies

Posted by Virginia7074 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 22, 03 at 23:27

My sister started making these when she was in high school. They're like drops of cranberry bread. I really like them, but DH ate one & said that it's not a cookie he'd eat by the handful.

Cranberry Orange Nut Cookies
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. milk
2 T. orange juice
1 egg
grated rind of one orange
3 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. chopped nuts
2-1/2 c. coarsely chopped cranberries
Cream butter & sugar. Add milk, oj, egg & rind; mix. Combine dry ingredients in bowl & add to wet. Add nuts & berries. Drop onto cookie sheets & bake at 375 for 10-15 min. Makes about 12 dozen.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Cranberry Orange Nut Cookies

They sound wonderful! I'd probably eat them by the handful. Thanks for posting the recipe.

o

"They're like drops of cranberry bread..."
So would I be correct in guessing that they're sort of chewey, as opposed to crunchy? If so, I'll whip up a batch!

o

They're even beyond chewey - I'd describe them as cakey. Very soft & they really do taste like cranberry orange bread. We (I) finished all of ours (mine). I may have to make more.

o

I'm always on the look out for a soft cakelike cookie to add to the ones we do for the Firemen to sell at their bingo-this one sounds like a winner-thx for posting Virginia.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here