2 eggs
tsp salt
tsp almond extract
cup sugar
cup corn syrup
1 cup chopped dates
cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1/3 cup icing (confectioners) sugar

In a bowl, beat together eggs, salt, and almond extract until light. Gradually add sugar and corn syrup while stirring nonstop. Add nuts and dates. Mix well. Incorporate the sifted flour. Pour into 2 well-greased 8-inch cake pans. Bake in moderate oven (375 F) for 20 to 25 minutes.

While hot, cut into 1-inch squares. Form, without delay, into small balls. Roll each ball in icing sugar. These truffles keep well in a tightly covered container. Makes 3 dozens.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Date and Nut Caramel Truffles

Really like the truffle idea to bring out for a special brunch, and as this post is quite old, I see that the recipe amounts have evaporated. If possible, let's see if this can be revived!
Beth

o

Here it is ...............

Date and Nut Caramel Truffles
2 eggs
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup chopped dates
____ walnuts, chopped (not given)
3/4 cup flour, sifted

o

The example is one reason I no longer use fraction keys.

o

to view the amounts in the original recipes, go to View in your browser and click on Character Encoding. Then Select Western and the original fractions will appear.

o

Iris, thank you retrieving this for me, I am going to make them today for the brunch. I bet they will be just lovely on the tiered stand that I have to display.

Oly,,,,, have bookmarked this as I often have given up on the recipes! Hopefully I will be able to use more that I find now!

Beth

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here