Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

RECIPE: Dump Cake (for Debbie and Vera)

jenn
20 years ago

This is a very popular dessert at work where it has been served many times at picnics, birthday parties, and other functions. It can be served either warm or cold, though warm with vanilla ice cream would be my personal preference. I know it's not sophisticated, but it's really good, and easy. It's very similar to cobbler. Our son-in-law calls it "Cherry Gobbler", because it's so good you want to gobble it all up. :-)

Dump Cake

==================

1 20-oz. can crushed pineapple (in syrup) -- undrained

1 21-oz. can cherry (or blueberry, apple, blackberry) pie filling

1 yellow cake mix (NOT one with pudding in the mix)

1 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, or almonds)

1 stick butter (do not substitute margarine)

Lightly spray 9 x 13 pan (preferably glass) with Pam (or a light coating of other vegetable oil).

Spread crushed pineapple and cherry pie filling in bottom of pan, gently stirring to mix evenly.

Sprinkle cake mix in an even layer on top; gently "level" with hand, taking care not to poke into fruit layer.

Sprinkle nuts evenly over the top of the cake.

Slice the butter into very thin slices (this works best when the butter is very cold). Place butter evenly over entire top of cake, covering as much of the surface as possible. (NOTE: You may need a little more than one stick of butter, depending on the size of the pan you use.)

Bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes, until top is lightly browned and fruit is bubbling.

===============

I hope you like it!

Jen

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County