Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Almond-Rasberry Jalousie

Posted by cookingrvc (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 1, 03 at 21:39

I found this in November's WomansDay magazine.

It is a fast, easy dessert, although the almond paste is quite pricey. Perhaps some almond-flavored cream cheese to which an egg yolk or two has been added might be a good substitute (you bakers out there tell me if that is not a good thing to do).

Sue

Almond-Raspberry Jalousie

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 sheet Frozen puff pastry sheet -- thawed
1 roll almond paste -- 7 oz
1/3 Cup Raspberry preserves or jam

Heat oven to 375. Have a baking sheet ready.

Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin to 12 x 9-in rectangle.
Cut in half lengthwise into 2 equal strips.
Transfer 1 strip to baking sheet.

Microwave aalmond paste to soften.
Roll out between plastic wrap to 11 x 3 1/2-in retangle.
Remove wrap, center almond paste on on pastry sheet on baking sheet; spread with preserves.

Fold other strip in half lengthwise.
Cut slits through fold at 1/2-in intervals to 1 in. from edge.
Unfold; moisten edges of strip on baking sheet with water.
Top with slit strip. gently press edges to seal top to bottom strip.

Bake 25 minute or until pastry is puffed and golden.
Cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Before cutting, dust with confectioner's sugar, if desired.

Source:
"Womansday 11/2003"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Almond-Rasberry Jalousie

That sounds great! I think an 8 oz pkg of cream cheese with one yolk would be a great substitute. I'd add a touch of almond extract too because almond flavoring goes very well with raspberry or even apricot preserves which would also go with this.

o

Sue, I thought it sounded great, too, and happened to have everything on hand (now that's a shocker!!)

It was so easy to put together and tastes delicious (I love almond). Mine looks like this. Thanks for posting the recipe! It's a definite keeper.

Lori

o

That does sound delicious and it's beautiful too. Lori, did you use the cream cheese suggestion, or did you use almond paste?

Jen

o

Lori,
Yours looks a heck of a lot better than mine. Seems a little wider. Nice. glad you liked it.

Sue

o

Thanks, Sue. Jenn, I used the almond paste. I think the cream cheese mixture would be a nice alternative (maybe with a few almonds thrown in?? - Great idea, Sue - I hadn't noticed the cream cheese filling suggestion before!)

Lori

o

Wish I had some right now, Looks very delicious, I have raspberries in the freezer as I have raspberry plants. Thanks for posting a picture. How do you post the picture? Do you use a scanner? What kind of camera?

o

Loralee, I sent you an e-mail providing you with some info on how to post pictures. Let me know if you need picture-posting help in detail!

Lori

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here