Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buyorsell888

LOOKING for: White Fudge with Nuts and Dried Fruit

buyorsell888
17 years ago

My sister made some white fudge recently that had pistachios and dried cranberries and apricots in it. She can't remember or find the recipe, it was in a recent magazine. I thought it was delicious and would like to make it. It may have had other fruit. Thanks

Comments (7)

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

My sister says she thinks it may have been called White Christmas Fudge and was in a Taste of Home magazine. I checked their website and they do show that recipe but it is for subscribers only. I sent her the sign up page so hopefully she'll sign up and that will be the right one.

• pink_warm_mama_1
    17 years ago

Please list the recipe if you find it. Thanks.

• maddielee
    17 years ago

I just saw this post. I made a few batches of this for the Holidays and everyone loved it.

Cranberry-Pistachio Bark????

1 C coarsely chopped pistachios (5 oz.)
    1 C chopped dried cranberries* (5 oz)
    24 oz white "chocolate" chips (I used Ghirardelli)

Line a baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray with Pam type spray.

In a bowl combine the nuts and cranberries. Divide mixture in half.

In a bowl set over hot water, melt the chocolate chips. Remove from the heat and stir in half of the nut/fruit mixture.

Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle the reserved nut/fruit mixture over the chocolate and use a spatula to gently press them in.

Refrigerate for 30 or until hardened. Break into uneven pieces.

*there's no reason why you couldn't use half dried apricots and half cranberries....

• iris_gal
    17 years ago

Buyorsell,
    I checked my Dec-Jan'07 issue of Taste of Home and it's not in there. (don't have a subscription to check other issues)

I too would love the recipe if you find it.

• mst___
    17 years ago

I found it for you.

White Christmas Fudge
    (From Taste of Home's Simple & Delicious)

This smooth, sweet fudge from Paula Truksa of Jewett, Texas is loaded with nuts and chewy fruit and would be just right for holiday gift-giving.

INGREDIENTS

1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
    2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
    2/3 cup milk
    12 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, chopped
    1/4 teaspoon almond extract
    3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
    1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
    1/4 cup dried cherries
    1/4 cup dried cranberries

Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until combined. Bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes without stirring. Reduce heat to low; stir in white chocolate and extract. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted.

Remove from the heat. Fold in the almonds, apricots, cherries and cranberries. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 pounds.

• kayskats
    17 years ago

hi buyorsell888 .. seems you found your white fudge recipe... thought you might enjoy these cookie recipes using dried fruit and nuts. the first one also usies white chocolate

WHITE CHOCOLATE, CRANBERRY, AND MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES
    3 cups all purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
    1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
    3/4 cup sugar
    2 large eggs
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    1 1/2 cups dried cranberries (about 6 ounces)
    1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips (about 8 1/2 ounces)
    1 cup coarsely chopped roasted salted macadamia nuts (about 4 1/2 ounces)
    Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift first 3 ingredients into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add both sugars and beat until blended. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Add dry ingredients and beat just until blended. Using spatula, stir in cranberries, white chocolate chips, and nuts.

For large cookies, drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing 21/2 inches apart. For small cookies, drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto sheets, spacing 11/2 inches apart.

Bake cookies until just golden, about 18 minutes for large cookies and about 15 minutes for small cookies. Cool on sheets. Do ahead Can be made ahead. Store airtight at room temperature up to 2 days or freeze up to 2 weeks.

Bon Appétit
    December 2006

PISTACHIO CRANBERRY ICEBOX COOKIES
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
    1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
    1/2 cup shelled pistachios (2 1/4 oz; not dyed red)
    1/3 cup dried cranberries (1 1/4 oz)
    1 large egg, lightly beaten
    1/4 cup decorative sugar (preferably coarse)

Special equipment: parchment paper

Make dough: Stir together flour, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.

Beat together butter, granulated sugar, and zest in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in 3 batches, mixing until dough just comes together in clumps, then mix in pistachios and cranberries. Gather and press dough together, then divide into 2 equal pieces. Using a sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper as an aid, form each piece of dough into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Square off long sides of each log to form a bar, then chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, until very firm, at least 2 hours.

Slice and bake cookies: Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.

Brush egg over all 4 long sides of bars (but not ends). Sprinkle decorative sugar on a separate sheet of parchment or wax paper and press bars into sugar, coating well.

Cut each bar crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices, rotating bar after cutting each slice to help keep square shape. (If dough gets too soft to slice, freeze bars briefly until firm.) Arrange cookies about 1/2 inch apart on lined baking sheets.

Bake cookies, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until edges are pale golden, 15 to 18 minutes total. Transfer cookies from parchment to racks using a slotted spatula and cool completely.

Cooks' notes:
    Â Dough bars can be chilled up to 3 days or frozen, wrapped in plastic wrap and then foil, 1 month (thaw frozen dough in refrigerator just until dough can be sliced).
    Â Cookies keep in an airtight container at room temperature 5 days.

Gourmet
    December 2006
    2006-11-16 09:30:56.0

• iris_gal
    17 years ago

Thank You MST !!!

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!