Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Grandma Warner's Apple Nut Cookie Bars

Posted by Dody (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 22, 05 at 21:11

I would like to pass on to you a recipe for bar cookies that my mother-in-law used to make.

GRANDMA WARNERS
APPLE NUT COOKIE BARS

Blend together:
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Sift together:
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Add to wet ingredience.

Fold in:
3 cups chopped (unpeeled) apples
about inch cubes
1 cup chopped walnuts

Spread in 10 X 14 inch pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes at 350*. (It took 70 minutes in my oven.)

While still warm, spread with glaze:

3 Tablespoons of melted butter
3 cups confectionary sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
milk to spreading consistency.

I hope you like it.

Dody

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Grandma Warner's Apple Nut Cookie Bars

That sounds absolutely delicious, Dody. I love hot apple desserts (and cold ones too!).

Should the glaze be very thin, the kind that would drip off the side of a cake? Or should it be thicker like a typical cake frosting?

Our oven runs hot so I'll set it for 50 minutes and watch it.

Thanks,
Jen

o
RE: RECIPE: Grandma Warner's Apple Nut Cookie Bars

The glaze shouldn't be too thin. Kind of in between. The warm bars will melt it and let it spread easily.

Hope you like them. I just made them yesterday for the first time in a few years. My son was here and he said they really bring back memories.
Dody

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here