Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roorezzi

LOOKING for: a peppermint cookie bark recipe

roorezzi
17 years ago

Please Help!!

I found a recipe last year that was for a peppermint bark - but it wasn;t just chocolate ane candycanes. It was actually like a Thinne cookie like bottom and then melted choc and candy canes. It was milk chocolate not white...

If anyone has this or knows of something similar please post..

Thanks..

Ruth

Comments (4)

• claudiafromkraftkitc
    17 years ago

I don't have that recipe, but this one looks good.

Stiped Delight

35 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
    6 Tbsp. (3/4 stick) butter, melted
    1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 Tbsp. cold milk
    1 tub (12 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
    3-1/4 cups cold milk
    2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling

PLACE cookies in food processor; cover. Process to form fine crumbs. Transfer to medium bowl. Add butter; mix well. Press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish. Refrigerate 10 min. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, sugar and 2 Tbsp. milk in separate bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in 1-1/4 cups of the whipped topping. Spread over crust.
    POUR 3-1/4 cups milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Spoon evenly over cream cheese layer. Let stand 5 min. or until thickened. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding layer.
    REFRIGERATE at least 4 hours. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
    Makes 12 servings

• obxgina
    17 years ago

Ruth I made cookies this weekend that had a chocolate wafer cookie crust. I used chocolate crushed wafers and melted butter. I also made peppermint bark. I would think you could combine these recipes to get what you want. I'd be happy to send it to you if you'd like. Gina

• roorezzi
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My MIL found the recipe that I had left at her house last year. Here it is for anyone that would like to try it:

INGREDIENTS;
    Cookie Base:
    1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
    3/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
    1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
    2 tablespoons water
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
    TOPPING;
    1 1/2 cups ( 9ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
    3/4 cup (about 5 ounces) crushed peppermint candy ( crush with a rolling pin into smal pieces)
    DIRECTIONS:
    Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Have ready two baking sheets.
    Prepare the cookie base. In a medium bowl, stir the flour, baking soda and salt together. Sift the cocoa powder onto the flour mixture and set aside.
    In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, mix the melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, water and vanilla until smooth, about 30 seconds. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing. Add the flour mixture, mixing just until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
    Leaving a 3-inch border empty on all sides, use a thin metal spatula to spread half of the dough on one baking sheet into a rough rectangle that measures about 11 by 8 inches and is about 1'4 inch thick. Use the palms of your hands to help pat it into an even layer. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough on the second baking sheet.
    Bake one baking sheet at a time until the top looks dull, not shiny, and feels evenly firm at the edges and center, about 14 minutes. As soon as each baking sheet comes out of the oven, sprinkle 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips over the cookie slab. Let the chocolate chips sit for 5 minutes to soften and melt, then use a small metal spatula to spread the melted chocolate over the cookie, covering most of the cookie. While the chocolate is still warm. sprinkle half the peppermint candy evenly over the slab.
    Let the cookie bark cool on the baking sheets on a wire rack until the chocolate topping is firm, about 2 hours. Or, to speed the cooling, cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 30 minutes, then refrigerate them, still on the baking sheets, just until the chocolate topping firms, then remove from the refrigerator. The cookie bark will become crisp as it cools.
    Break each cookie slab into about twelve 5 to 6 inch long irregular pieces. The cookies can be stored layered between sheets of wax paper in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 5 days.

• roorezzi
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ohh they are called....
    Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookie Bark
    ( other toppings: crushed toffee or chopped white chocolate )

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES