Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
busygirl_gw

RECIPE: Can I save this cake? (pix)

busygirl
17 years ago

It has been years since I used my Bundt pan and I forgot it needs to be dusted with flour after greasing.

My carrot cake has a broken top. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do? I am taking it to my mother's tomorrow for the family dinner. Should I start over tomorrow?

TIA for any help.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (3)

• hulaskirt
    17 years ago

I think that you should use it to do a trifle. A pumpkin trifle sounds good with carrot cake

Here is a link that might be useful: Pumpkin Trifle

• carla35
    17 years ago

I think the trifle sounds like a good idea. I guess you could freeze it, and then "TRY" to frost it...maybe I'm just being too hopeful. It still looks like it tastes good! Let us know what you did. This is bound to happen to me someday too.

• busygirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The trifle suggestion is excellent and something I never would have thought of. I must keep a tin of pumpkin on hand as I couldn't find any at the last minute. I'm going to remember the trifle solution for future disaster management. Thank you hulaskirt!
    The only thing I could do was put a cream cheese icing on the cake, slice the nice portions and arrange them on a plate. I got 7 good slices and avoided embarrassment. The messy bits will be eaten here at home.
    This cake IS delicious and I'd be happy to share if anyone needs another carrot cake recipe.
    Happy New Year all!