Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Can I save this cake? (pix)

Posted by busygirl (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 25, 06 at 18:27

It has been years since I used my Bundt pan and I forgot it needs to be dusted with flour after greasing.
My carrot cake has a broken top. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do? I am taking it to my mother's tomorrow for the family dinner. Should I start over tomorrow?
TIA for any help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bundt disaster

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Can I save this cake? (pix)

I think that you should use it to do a trifle. A pumpkin trifle sounds good with carrot cake

Here is a link that might be useful: Pumpkin Trifle

o

I think the trifle sounds like a good idea. I guess you could freeze it, and then "TRY" to frost it...maybe I'm just being too hopeful. It still looks like it tastes good! Let us know what you did. This is bound to happen to me someday too.

o

The trifle suggestion is excellent and something I never would have thought of. I must keep a tin of pumpkin on hand as I couldn't find any at the last minute. I'm going to remember the trifle solution for future disaster management. Thank you hulaskirt!
The only thing I could do was put a cream cheese icing on the cake, slice the nice portions and arrange them on a plate. I got 7 good slices and avoided embarrassment. The messy bits will be eaten here at home.
This cake IS delicious and I'd be happy to share if anyone needs another carrot cake recipe.
Happy New Year all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here