Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: In Search Of: special flavored petits fours recipe

Posted by amy_z6_swpa (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 1, 06 at 15:48

Two Christmases ago at our company holiday luncheon, they served these wonderful little petits fours that I would DIE to have the recipe for. They were a yellow cake base colored as red/yellow/green (3 stacked layers) and the flavoring inside was some sort of sweet, delicious cherry flavored filling (like maraschino). The icing was chocolate. I have been unsuccessful searching for any info. or similar recipes.
I would be extremely grateful if anyone has a recipe that would allow me to make these, even if I had to tweak the recipe a little!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
title--sorry

sorry, I'd never been here before so I didn't know I had to use the words "looking for" in the title rather than my preferred "in search of".

o
RE: RECIPE: In Search Of: special flavored petits fours recipe

I believe this is what you're looking for, here's the link

http://www.wchstv.com/gmarecipes/rainbowcookies.shtml

o

Thanks, those look almost right. But mine will need a complete covering of ganache. Also, will the "cookies" in that recipe be hard, or cake-like? I cannot tell.

o

Amy,
There not hard cookie, but somewhat more dense than a regular cake. I would suggest having the 3 pans indicated, and an offset spatula, as it makes this process go much faster. Since there's a small amount of dough of each color & there very thin layers which needs to be spread evenly & the offsite spatulas make easier. Around my house it's not christmas w/o these little treasures. Hope they are what your looking for.

o

Thanks, that sounds perfect. I have a small offset spatula in my cake-decorating supplies box. I can't wait to try making these. I'll see if they sell cherry jam anywhere, or else I could add some artifical cherry flavoring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here