Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wine50

RECIPE: Need filling for chocolate dessert cup

wine50
16 years ago

I bought these really great chocolate dessert cups and now find myself lost about what to fill them with. I was thinking some sort of mousse... I don't know. Any ideas? Thanks..

Comments (9)

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

I don't know how big the cups are but white chocolate mousse topped with a fresh raspberry would be a killer.
    This is really good as long as you use a good brand of white chocolate:
    WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
    9 oz imported white chocolate, chopped
    3large egg yolks
    1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
    1 1/4 cups chilled heavy cream

Melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat. In a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together the yolks & sugar until well combined. Remove the bowl from the saucepan & beat in 1/4 cup of the cream. Slowly stir in the melted chocolate until well combined. Whip the remaining 1 cup of cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold together the whipped cream & white chocolate mixture. Spoon into wine goblets & refrigerate until ready to serve.~~A Matter of Taste

• wine50
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ginger I made this last night for dinner. Asolutely fabulous!!!! Everyone raved about them. They looked absolutely beautiful in the chocolate cups. I didn't have raspberries but, did a garnish of fresh mint and the tinest of orange zest. Yummy...Thank you so much.

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

Glad you liked it. Once in a GREAT while we get the tiny chocolate cups but not dessert size. I've always been tempted to make them by coating small inflated balloons but never have done it.

• obxgina
    16 years ago

One Easter I made my own chocolate dessert cups and filled it with strawberry mousse. I was really easy , delicious and made a beautiful presentation. I don't have the recipe here with me right now, but I 'd be happy to find it if you are interested. Just let me know! Gina

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

Gina, I'm interested..
    I noticed yesterday at Walmart that Wilton has silicone heart shaped cupcake holders..they would be perfect for chocolate cups.

• ysop1016
    16 years ago

I just made this filling which is super easy and delicious. I adapted it from Semi Homemade.
    1 instant vanilla pudding mix (4 c. serving size)
    1 cup ricotta cheese
    1 cup sour cream
    1 tsp. amaretto (or 1 tsp. almond extract)
    Mix all ingredients well with electric mixer.Pipe into shells.

• obxgina
    16 years ago

Terri, I have been pretty much MIA from this forum. I'll get the Strawberry Mousse recipe today and post it! I'm so sorry I hope it's not too late! Gina

• obxgina
    16 years ago

Terri,here's the strawberry mousse recipe:
    10 oz frozen strawberri's (pureed in blender)
    1-1/2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
    1/4-cp of sugar
    2 egg whites
    1 cup of heavy cream
    Mix pureed berries with gelatin and 1/2 of the sugar.
    Beat egg whites with remaining sugar until frothy.
    Whip up cream.
    Combine all ingredients. Spoon mousse into chocolate cups and garnish with a fresh strawberry. Refrigerate over night..Enjoy

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

TY, Y and Gina!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?