Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Need filling for chocolate dessert cup

Posted by wine50 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 17, 07 at 15:38

I bought these really great chocolate dessert cups and now find myself lost about what to fill them with. I was thinking some sort of mousse... I don't know. Any ideas? Thanks..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Need filling for chocolate dessert cup

I don't know how big the cups are but white chocolate mousse topped with a fresh raspberry would be a killer.
This is really good as long as you use a good brand of white chocolate:
WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
9 oz imported white chocolate, chopped
3large egg yolks
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1 1/4 cups chilled heavy cream

Melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat. In a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together the yolks & sugar until well combined. Remove the bowl from the saucepan & beat in 1/4 cup of the cream. Slowly stir in the melted chocolate until well combined. Whip the remaining 1 cup of cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold together the whipped cream & white chocolate mixture. Spoon into wine goblets & refrigerate until ready to serve.~~A Matter of Taste

o

Ginger I made this last night for dinner. Asolutely fabulous!!!! Everyone raved about them. They looked absolutely beautiful in the chocolate cups. I didn't have raspberries but, did a garnish of fresh mint and the tinest of orange zest. Yummy...Thank you so much.

o

Glad you liked it. Once in a GREAT while we get the tiny chocolate cups but not dessert size. I've always been tempted to make them by coating small inflated balloons but never have done it.

o

One Easter I made my own chocolate dessert cups and filled it with strawberry mousse. I was really easy , delicious and made a beautiful presentation. I don't have the recipe here with me right now, but I 'd be happy to find it if you are interested. Just let me know! Gina

o

Gina, I'm interested..
I noticed yesterday at Walmart that Wilton has silicone heart shaped cupcake holders..they would be perfect for chocolate cups.

o

I just made this filling which is super easy and delicious. I adapted it from Semi Homemade.
1 instant vanilla pudding mix (4 c. serving size)
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. amaretto (or 1 tsp. almond extract)
Mix all ingredients well with electric mixer.Pipe into shells.

o

Terri, I have been pretty much MIA from this forum. I'll get the Strawberry Mousse recipe today and post it! I'm so sorry I hope it's not too late! Gina

o

Terri,here's the strawberry mousse recipe:
10 oz frozen strawberri's (pureed in blender)
1-1/2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
1/4-cp of sugar
2 egg whites
1 cup of heavy cream
Mix pureed berries with gelatin and 1/2 of the sugar.
Beat egg whites with remaining sugar until frothy.
Whip up cream.
Combine all ingredients. Spoon mousse into chocolate cups and garnish with a fresh strawberry. Refrigerate over night..Enjoy

o

TY, Y and Gina!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here