Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Peanut Butter Layer Cake

Posted by sweetlady62769 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 22, 09 at 15:00

I am trying to find the recipe for the Peanut butter layer cake that is sold at K&W Caferteria. I know they want you to buy it from them instead of being able to make it yourself but i would love to have the recipe. If anyone can help me ASAP I would greatly appreciate it. Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Peanut Butter Layer Cake

Even though this may not be the Peanut Butter Cake you are looking for.....at least it is a Peanut Butter Cake!

Peanutbutter Cake with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 cups cake flour, sifted before measuring
1 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Peanutbutter Frosting, below

Cream butter until light and fluffy. Sift in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add peanut butter and 2/3 cup of the milk. Mix until flour is well moistened. Beat for 2 minutes on low speed of electric hand-held mixer. Beat in remaining 1/3 cup of milk, the eggs, and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes.
Grease and flour two 9-inch layer cake pans; pour batter into the pans. Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool, carefully remove from pans, frost, and assemble layers.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting: 1/2 cup peanut butter 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa 2 3/4 cups sifted powdered sugar 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 cup half-and-half or evaporated milk
Cream together the peanut butter and cocoa. Add the sifted powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla, and about 1/2 cup of cream. Beat until smooth, adding a little more cream for a good spreading consistency, if necessary.

Here is a link that might be useful: A Peanut Butter Cake

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here