Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: oven setting for baking cookies???

Posted by ruthz (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 22, 12 at 14:30

I'm baking cookies today and always have trouble with the oven temps being too hot. I use the regular bake setting.
Wondering what everyone else uses, convection bake or regular bake setting?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: oven setting for baking cookies???

Have you experimented with lowering the temperature? Different cookies require different temperatures, but really a recipe is a guide, not set in stone. See what works for you.

o
RE: RECIPE: oven setting for baking cookies???

If too brown & not cooked in center turn down oven by 25 degrees. If cookies are not supposed to brown (sugar cookies) & some others might have to turn down even more to about 325 degrees. If still too brown you need to use different rack setting. Usually closer to top of oven more they brown on top. If too dark on bottom need to move up closer to top of oven. With my oven I start them in middle & turn them around 1/2 through baking& move up 1 rack closer to top of oven. All ovens are different & some don't heat evenly. You have to experiment to see what works for your oven. Also, of course, have to watch them carefully as often if it says 8-10 minutes that is too much. May only need 5-6 minutes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here