Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Cranberry Bliss Bars

Posted by LoriJean44 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 14, 03 at 14:28

This is a "copycat" version of the Cranberry Bliss Bars at Starbucks - not great coffee, but pretty good dessert snacks!! LOL

STARBUCK'S CRANBERRY BLISS BARS

Cake
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup diced dried cranberries
6 ounces white chocolate, cut into chunks

Frosting
4-ounces cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup diced dried cranberries

Drizzled Icing
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
2 teaspoons vegetable shortening

1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. Make cake by beating butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, ginger, and salt and beat well. Gradually mix in flour until smooth. Mix 3/4 cup diced dried cranberries and white chocolate into the batter by hand. Pour batter into a well-greased 9x13" baking pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly across the pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake is light brown on the edges. Allow cake to cool.

3. Make frosting by combining softened cream cheese, 3 cups powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. When the cake has cooled, use a spatula to spread frosting over the top of the cake.

4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of diced cranberries over the frosting on the cake.

5. Whisk together 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and shortening. Drizzle icing over the cranberries in a sweeping motion or use a pastry bag with a fine tip to drizzle frosting across the top of the cake.

6. Allow cake to sit for several hours, then slice the cake lengthwise (the long way) through the middle. Slice the cake across the width three times making a total of eight rectangular slices. Slice each of those rectangles diagonally creating 16 triangular slices.

Makes 16 bars.

Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Cranberry Bliss Bars

Lori, this is great! Dh loves those, but I don't so won't have to worry about temptation when I make them. LOL

Thanks for sharing!

o

Are dried cranberries the same as craisins?

o

Yes, Ginger, they're the same thing. I'm not much on raisins, but I love the dried cranberries/craisins. Isn't that strange?!

Lori

o

Lori, I don't like raisins either so maybe I need to give the Craisins a try? I made some Oatmeal Raisin cookies today-interesting recipe. You soak the raisins in well beaten eggs and vanilla extract for an hour before mixing with the rest of the ingredients. Without the raisins, they would be excellent.
RL`

o

Roselin, I substitute the dried cranberries (craisins) for anything that calls for raisins. Try the recipe with the craisins - you may be pleasantly surprised!

Lori

o

Thanks, Lori. I saw craisins here finally & I don't like raisins either. The recipe sounds really good.

o

Okay, I'll give them a try.
Thanx.
RL`

o

You're welcome, Ginger. Roselin, let me know how you like them!

Lori

o

Well, Mike just ate two of 'em and said they were pretty good ... not quite the same as Starbuck's, but still tasty.

Thanks for sharing the recipe, Lori!

o

Not quite the same, but good enough to eat two! LOL I agree, though, they're not exactly the same.

Glad Mike liked them.

Lori

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here