lb Gruyre cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 cup dry white wine
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp cherry brandy, such as kirsch
tsp dry mustard
Pinch nutmeg

In small bowl, coat cheeses with cornstarch and set aside. Rub inside of ceramic fondue pot with garlic, then discard. Over medium heat, add wine and lemon juice and bring to a gentle simmer. Gradually stir cheese into simmering liquid. Melting the cheese gradually encourages a smooth fondue. Do not let it boil. Once smooth, stir in cherry brandy, mustard and nutmeg.

Arrange an assortment of bite-sized dipping foods around fondue pot. Serve with chunks of French and pumpernickel breads, Granny Smith apples and blanched vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and asparagus. Spear with fondue forks or wooden skewers, dip, swirl and enjoy!

NOTE: Using the imported Swiss cheese is important (such as Emmenthaler). Inexpensive domestic Swiss cheeses makes the fondue rubbery. For a lighter fondue, try including some Danish Havarti in the cheese mix. You can omit the cherry brandy. The lemon juice helps to make it smooth.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Cheese Fondue

Oops...wrong forum! Sorry.

o
RE: RECIPE: Cheese Fondue

I made this several years ago and it was awesome. However, last year I made a crab fondue for my mom, she loves crab and the sterno was not the right one for the new fondue pot I bought. It burnt, and the smell of burnt crab and cheese fondue is still with me. My beloved DH sold that fondue pot in a garage sale we had before we moved......lol!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here