Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: fudge

Posted by EastSideMeg (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 24, 03 at 13:12

Anyone have a recipe for Lemon Meringue or Chiffon Fudge?
My mom had a taste of some had a party recently and really loved it, I would really like to be able to make some for her....

thanks!

meg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: fudge

Meg I found a recipe for Key-Lime Fudge. I'll bet you could substitute lemon juice and lemon zest for the key lime juice and zest to come up with something close to what you're looking for.

Lori

o

Meg, here's the recipe I use for Lemon Fudge:
3c sugar
3/4 c margarine or butter
2/3c evaporated milk
1 12 oz pk white chocolate chips
1 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
1 c pecans (optional but good)
1 tsp lemon extract
3T lemon zest
Combine sugar, butter, and milk in a 3 quar saucepan.
Bring to a full boil stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes stirring all the time. Remove from heat, add chips and stir until melted. Add marshmallow cream`, nuts, lemon extract, zest. Beat until well blended and pour into a buttered 9x13 pan. Cool at room temp and cut into squares.
RL`

o

Is the texture just like most fudge recipes, Roselin?

o

Yes, nice and creamy-and something you, as a lemon lover, would like, I think. Am going to try it with lemon juice instead of lemon extract and see how it does next time.
RL`

o

Lemon fudge......hmmmm, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around that mixture. Interesting.
Sorry, I'm just thinking out loud.

o

I think it's the "fudge" part of the title, Kevin. I can't think of any kind of fudge other than chocolate.

o

Try it, Kevin-you'll like it. Trust me! LOL
RL`

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here