Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recipe: chrsitmas challenge! help!

Posted by calpat (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 07 at 12:06

I was informed(beggingly)to make Creme Puffs for Christmas! Making them is no problem, but when to make them is. I don't want to have to wait till the last minute to make 3 dozen puffs and then fill them all. Anybody that knows a shortcut, PLEASE jump right in. It would be great if the the shells could be frozen then filled at the last minute, but I just don't know how that would work, seems like I'd get a nasty glob of dough. However, I have bought quiche that was frozen & it was pretty good. Any suggestions, help, etc. would be most appreciated. Pat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recipe: chrsitmas challenge! help!

Here you go..a recipe and the answer to your question..
Make ahead and freeze...

Here is a link that might be useful: Lemon Cream Puffs

o

terri pacnw.....thanks so much for your reply. I read this over and it sounds easy enough. Especially the Lemon filling as SIL loves lemon pie! Think I'll practice making these right now! I just hope the freezing part doesn't turn out soggy puffs! Pat

o

I don't think it will..but you'll have to eat them with in a short amount of time of coming out of the freezer..(like not sitting on the table or buffet for 2 hours)
I love Costco's mini cream filled cream puffs. They come from the freezer aisle..They are just fine thawed..but I like to eat them just a bit frozen still..

mmmmm Let me know how the recipe goes..It sounds really good!

o

Pat I make cream puffs for Christmas Eve almost every year. I make the shells and the filling the night before and assemble them just before we eat them the next day. When they come out of the oven I remove the excess dough, that way they don't get soggy. Hope this helps. Gina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here