Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lata_gw

LOOKING for: Chocolate Fudge and Peanut Butter fudge

Lata
18 years ago

Looking for a couple of really good and proven candy recipes. One for choclate fudge and one for peanut butter fudge

Comments (9)

• booberry85
    18 years ago

This is easy as could be and everyone thinks you fussed. From Kraft Foods 1993 pamphlet on Holiday Desserts:

One Bowl Chocolate Fudge
    Ingredients:
    2 packages (8 squares each) semi sweet chocolate
    1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

Microwave chocolate and milk in a large microwavable bowl on high for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring halfway through heating time.

Stir in vanilla and walnuts. Spread in greased 8 inch square pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares.

Makes 4 dozen

Options:

Rocky Road Fudge:
    Add 1 cup miniature marshmallows with vanilla and walnuts.

Peanut Butter Fudge:
    Omit walnuts. Drop 1/2 cup peanut butter by teaspoonfuls on top of fugde. Swirl with knife to mable-ize.

Peppermint Fudge:
    Omit vanilla and walnuts. Stir in 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies.

Coconut Walnut Fudge:
    Add 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted with vanilla and walnuts. Garnish with additional coconut.

I've made the regular fudge, the peanut butter chocolate and the peppermint fudge. All have gone over well. I have a brother-in-law that will hunt for the container that I bring to Christmas. He'll eat the entire container himself!

• Lata
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank You so much. I will try these for xmas gifts. I have made others from books which I was not happyu with and that is why I asked for one that I knew someone had tried and was good.

tata

• roselin32
    18 years ago

This has been around forever and I used to make it every year for my mother-foolproof too:
    Fantasy Fudge
    3 cups sugar
    3/4 cup margarine
    2/3 cup evaporated milk
    1 12-oz. (340 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips*
    1 7-oz. (198 g) jar Kraft Marshmallow creme
    1 cup chopped nuts**
    1 tablespoon vanilla

Traditional method:
    Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy 2-1/2 quart saucepan; bring to full rolling bail, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate till melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts & vanilla beat till blended. Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Let cool and cut into 1-inch squares.
    * for peanut butter fudge, substitute peanut butter chips
    ** for peanut butter fudge, use peanuts.
    RL`

• allprimitive
    18 years ago

This is so easy and good! 1 lb. white chocolate, 1 lb. milk chocolate and 1 jar of peanut butter. Microwave the two chocolates for 2-4 minutes (stop and stir after each minute). Once chocolates are melted - add peanut butter stirring until completely mixed. Place in 9 x 13 glass dish and refrigerate!

• Lata
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That definitely sounds easy and good to. I will try it also. A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE !!! for the help. I now have these to try out and will try each of them...

Lata

• susan_in_nc
    18 years ago

I have made the microwave fudge for years! It is the only kind I can get to set. To make peanut butter fudge, I've used peanut butter chips instead of chocolate. You can also use Reeses chips to make a peanutbutter chocolate fudge.

Susan

• gourd_friends
    18 years ago

Here's a delicious fudge recipe. It calls for Raspberry flavored chips, but they could be substituted for any other flavor. I've been making this recipe for a few years now and it always turns out great.

Christmas Berry Mocha Fudge - A Heavenly treat
    1/4 lb. butter
    12 oz. can of evaporated milk
    3 1/2 Cups of sugar
    1 heaping tablespoon of INSTANT COFFEE
    10 oz. Hershey's Raspberry chocolate chips
    2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
    7 oz. Marshmallow cream
    1 tsp. Vanilla
    In a heavy saucepan melt the butter. Add evaporated milk, sugar, and coffee.
    Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly until the temperature reaches 235 degrees. Remove from heat and and raspberry chocolate chips and the bittersweet chocolate. Stir the mixture until all ingredients are melted. Add the marshmallow crème and stir until blended. Stir in the vanilla. Pour into a lightly greased 9 X 13 inch pan.
    Cut in bite sized squared when cooled.

I found this on Merry-Christmas.com
    There are other terrific recipes, plus crafts, music and family activities. Hope you enjoy it.

Jan

• jenn
    18 years ago

I made booberry's One Bowl Chocolate Fudge (posted above) on Saturday night to take to a party on Sunday. It took me 15 minute from start to finish. I gave Hubby a piece.... he tasted it and said "No wonder her brother-in-law hunts it down...." then he moaned with delight. In other words he liked it! It is very good, very chocolatey fudge. I'll make it again for this Christmas and use her suggestion to swirl peanut butter through it.

Jen

• booberry85
    18 years ago

Glad it worked out well for you! :)

Boo

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x