RECIPE: Cinnamon Biscut Loaf - Easy!

allprimitive
18 years ago

3 Tbsp. Margarine

1/4 C. Sugar

2 Cans Biscuts

1/3 Cup Chopped Pecans

2 Tsp. Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x5" loaf pan. Flatten biscuts, fill each with about 1/4 tsp. of above mixture. Fold and seal. Put in rows in loaf pan, and spread remaining mixture over top. BAke 25-30 minutes. Cool 5 min's and turn onto plate. Drizzle with powder sugar glaze.

Comments (6)

• ginger_st_thomas
    18 years ago

That looks easy enough, for sure! Thanks for sharing it!

• allprimitive
    Original Author
    18 years ago

You're welcome! Figured this time of year we could all use quick and easy!

• woodie
    18 years ago

I like quick and easy! Allprimitive, if you like this one, I know you'll enjoy these 2 recipes - both from Marlen.

Posted by Marlen (My Page) on Mon, Aug 11, 03 at 11:55
    Had them this morning. They are easy and excellent!

Apricot Pecan Biscuit Pull-Apart

3/4 cup chopped pecans
    2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1 teaspoon maple flavor*
    2 (12-oz.) cans Hungry Jack® Refrigerated Buttermilk Flaky Biscuits

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-cup Bundt® pan or one-piece 10-inch tube pan. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except biscuits; mix well.

2. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces; place in bowl with pecan mixture. Toss gently to coat. Spoon biscuit mixture into greased pan.

3. Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 40 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving plate; cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.
    12 servings
    Pillsbury Bake Off Recipe
    *I used maple syrup.

I know this is hardly a dessert recipe, but its fabulous! Whenever I serve this, I have to give the recipe!

Marlen's Pull Apart Bacon Bread

1 pkg (10 oz) bacon
    3/4 c green pepper, chopped
    3/4 onion, chopped
    3 tubes (7-1/2 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
    1/2 cup margarine, melted
    1/2 c (2oz) shredded cheddar cheese

Cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving drippings. Crumble and set aside. In bacon drippings (or vegetable oil) cook green pepper and onion until tender. Cut biscuits in fourths and place in large bowl. Add sauteed vegetables, crisp bacon, margarine and cheese. Toss until thoroughly mixed. Place in a 10" tube pan coated with Pam. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Immediately invert onto serving plate. Serve warm.

• ginger_st_thomas
    18 years ago

I'm so glad you posted the bacon bread recipe, Woodie. I hadn't saved that one. I'd like to try to make a smaller version of that one.

• roselin32
    18 years ago

Ginger, thanks for posting Marlen's Bacon Bread-there will only be the two of us here for breakfast Christmas day and I was trying to think of what to make-that will fill the bill nicely.

• glenda_al
    18 years ago

This is always a hit!!

Good Morning Kisses Coffee Cake
    Ingredients

2 cans Hungry Jack Biscuits ****I use regular canned biscuits
    40 unwrapped Hershey's kisses
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 T. cinnamon
    1/2 c. melted butter

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 F. Cut each biscuit in half. Wrap each 1/2 around a kiss and roll into a ball. Combine brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon. Melt butter. Spray tube pan with Pam. Roll each biscuit ball in melted butter then in sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place balls in pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then turn onto serving plate.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz