Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Probably the ultimate chocolate cookie

Posted by DanaIN (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 10, 03 at 9:29

Just want to share this for the holidays. I think this is an incredible Chocolate, Chocolate Chunk Cookie!

1 1/2 cup butter; softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 oz. chocolate chips or chunks (semi-sweet)

Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt; add to creamed mixture, fold in chips. Using a 2-inch scoop, place onto ungreased baking sheet (I like to use cookie sheets lined with parchment paper). Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes, until set and tops just begin to crack. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes before transferring to rack lined with a brown paper bag to cool completely. **Placing a paper bag on rack to absorb grease will help make cookies chewy. Makes about 40 cookies.

*Use a high quality chocolate in these. Store cookies in an air tight container. I store them in the freezer and only take out what I want to serve about 15 minutes before.

Marilyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Probably the ultimate chocolate cookie

This is one I've posted before that's similar. They're very good.
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (makes about 3 dozen)
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 stick butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 TBL milk
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour & baking soda. Set aside. Using a mixer, cream the butter. Add the vanilla & sugars & beat until fluffy. Beat in the egg. At low speed, beat in the cocoa, then the milk. With a wooden spoon mix in the flour just until blended. Stir in the nuts & chocolate chips.
Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto nonstick or foil-lined cookie sheets. Bake 12-13 minutes. Remove from the oven & cool slightly before removing from the cookie sheets. Cool on a rack.~~

These make an almost black, soft cookie.

o

Marilyn, those look delicious. Another one to try. Chocolate gives me heartburn or else I'd eat a whole batch. Wish I was 29 again....... well on the other hand maybe it's a good thing I'm not. 8-:

o

Marilyn, I made these for Christmas this year and you are right, they are a great chocolate cookie! I used just Hershey's cocoa and some chocolate chips that Hubby bought at Trader Joe's... I don't know if they were high quality chocolate (probably not) but the cookies were delicious nevertheless. A great chocolate flavor. I added chopped walnuts because I like walnuts with chocolate.

Notice it took me a full year to try them after my earlier post above, LOL.

Jen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here