Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Diner Dessert

Posted by Jannie (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 14, 04 at 8:49

Last Friday night, my DH treated me to dinner at a diner. My meal included dessert, and I had my choice of anything in the dessert case. WOWEE!!! I chose a delicious cake. It had three layers: brownie on the bottom, then a layer of cheesecake, and the top was chocolate mousse. What a delight! I would like to replicate this at home. But how can I bake the brownie and cheesecake layers? I would imagine the brownie is cooked but not to the point of dryness, then the cheesecake would have to be poured on top and gently cooked at a low heat, folloowed by the mousse uncooked.Then refrigeratwe. Would anyone have any hints or suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Diner Dessert

Was there a cheesecake crust between the layers of cake and cheesecake?
My first thought is, they are 3 seperatley baked layers, bake the cake, bake the cheesecake, bake the brownies and layer them together, then chill. Was there a filling in between the layers? Just my thoughts.

o

No, this dessert has no crusts at all. The bottom was a brownie layer maybe three quarters of an inch, then vanilla cheesecake, then chocolate mousse on top. The whole thing was about two and a half inches high. I particularly liked it because there was no dough or crusts. Just three of my all-time-favorites piled into one.

o

Jannie, I do something similar and I make each separate. Cut the brownie to fit a springform pan and press it in the bottom. Then do the same with your cheesecake and top it off with the mousse. Refrigerate for a few hours and remove from spring form pan to serve.

Marilyn

o

Check out this one. You can always top it after it's baked with your favorite chocolate mousse.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brownie Bottom Cheesecake

o

Thanks Ginger, your link works perfectly. And it explains exactly how to cook the brownie and the cheesecake layer. I will definitely try it soon. And yes I do have a springform pan.

o

I saw a cake which sounds identical to that on QVC. They had Juniors Cheesecake Company on selling cheesecakes and they had a chocolate brownie cheesecake with chocolate mousse filling. Looked delicious. It was selling for about $25.00. Juniors is in NYC.

o

You might also like this recipe for Chocolate Tuxedo Cake, which has a chocolate layer, a cheesecake layer, another chocolate layer and a sour cream chocolate frosting.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chocolate Tuxdeo Cake

o

This Chocolate Tuxedo Cake looks really good. I like that the cheesecake layer doesn't need to be baked. Now, I just need to use my imagination for garnishing.

coronabarb

o

Jannie, If you make the Brownie Bottom Cheesecake would you let us know how it turned out? It sounds great but I wonder about the brownie being cooked that long. Thanks.
Teri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here