LOOKING for: no bake desserts

hdladyblu_2007
16 years ago

LOOKING for:quick and easy no-bake desserts

Comments (5)

• becky_ca
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

This one's good, but it does have to be made a day in advance so it has time to set up. We like it with fresh berries - raspberries, blueberries and sliced strawberries are all good.

* Exported from MasterCook *

No Bake Cheesecake Pie

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    8 ounces cream cheese -- softened
    14 ounces condensed milk, sweetened
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 prepared graham cracker crust

Combine all filling ingredients until smooth - pour into pie shell and refrigerate overnight.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• bud_wi
    16 years ago

I think this would be considered "no bake" as I don't know many who bake ladyfingers and they are available in every grocery store in the cookie section.

TIRAMISU

2 egg yokes
    2T sugar
    5 drops vanilla
    1C mascarpone

1C strong coffee
    1T brandy (or 2!)

5Oz ladyfingers
    1T cocoa powder
    2T shaved dark chocolate

Beat first 4 ingredients. Set aside. Dip ladyfingers into coffee mixture and layer in baking dish alternating with layers of cheese mixture, ending with cheese mixture on top. Sift cocoa on top and sprinkle chocolate. Refrigerate for 4 hours.

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

Here's an oldie that I really like. I've also seen it called Russian Cream:
    SWEDISH CREAM (serves 8)
    2 cups heavy cream
    1 cup sugar
    1 envelope unflavored gelatin mixed w/2 TBL water
    2 cups sour cream
    1 tsp vanilla
    Strawberries or blueberries

Mix cream, sugar & gelatin in small saucepan. Heat over low heat until sugar & gelatin are dissolved. Remove from heat. Cool until slightly thickened, about room temperature. Carefully fold in sour cream & vanilla until all ingredients are well blended. Pour into a 1 1/2 qt mold (I pour into individual serving containers or old-fashioned wide champagne glasses.) chill until firm, 2 hours or overnight. Serve with strawberries or blueberries.~~Fare to Remember

• woodie
    16 years ago

Here's a bunch - I think they're all good!

Amaretti Ice Cream Balls
    Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray, 2007

24 amaretti cookies
    1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
    2 pints vanilla ice cream
    Chocolate sauce
    Whipped cream

Crush cookies by hand or in plastic bag. Place onto a sheet pan. Dampen the cookie crumbs with the liqueur. Scoop ice cream balls onto the sheet pan and roll around until covered.
    Place the balls into a serving dish and top with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

DAIQUIRI PIE
    This is a wonderful holiday dessert -- and soooo easy!

Daiquiri Pie

1 package lemon pudding (not instant)
    1 package instant lime jello (or strawberry, or whatever flavor you want - Use strawberry for Strawberry Daiquiri Pie, banana for Banana Daiquiri Pie, etc.)
    1/3 cup granulated sugar
    2 eggs
    2-1/2 cups water
    1/2 cup rum (more doesn't hurt it - I used dark rum and stuck to 1/2 cup)
    2 cups Cool Whip (thawed)
    Graham cracker pie crust

Mix the pudding, jello, sugar, add 1/2 cup water and two eggs. Beat well. Then add in the rest of the water and mix. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a full boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add the rum. Let it cool for two hours -- it will thicken. Then add the Cool Whip and mix well again. Pour into the pie crust. Chill until set.
    Source: Bacardi Recipe book

The alcohol in the rum evaporates since it is added to the hot liquid. I decorate the strawberry one with sliced strawberries and the banana one with sliced bananas. They look real pretty.

Barbara 52's Frozen Lemon Cream Sandwiches

one 7-oz container chilled creme fraiche
    1/4 cup lemon curd
    finely grated zest of one lemon
    12 crisp butter waffle cookies
    1/4 cup chopped unsalted pistachios

Line a small baking sheet with wax paper. In a chilled bowl, beat the creme fraiche with the lemon curd and zest until firm peaks form.
    Arrange half of the cookies on the baking sheet and spoon the lemon cream onto the centers, letting it ooze gently to the edges. Top w/the remaining cookies, pressing down very gently. Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and freeze the sandwiches until firm, at least 4 hrs.
    Spread the nuts on a plate and roll the edges of the sandwiches in them.
    6 servings
    (Can be frozen in an airtight container up to one week.)
    NOTES:
    Jules Destrooper Crisp Butter Wafers (from Belgium) are available from specialty shops in the US. They are, as their name implies, wonderfully crisp and buttery ...
    accept no substitute!
    Use any good brand of lemon curd. I used Nelson's, from England.

GRASSHOPPER PIE

6 tablespoons melted butter
    24 Oreo cookies (take out the middles)

1/4 cup Cre De Menthe
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 small jar marshmallow fluff

Crush cookies and add melted butter. Press into 9 inch pie pan.

In a bowl, whip the heavy cream.

In another bowl, mix the marshmallow fluff and Crème De Menthe and add to the heavy cream.

Spoon into pie shell and freeze until ready to eat. Decorate with Oreo cookie crumbs.

JOYCE'S RICE PUDDING

1 quart milk
    1 quart half and half
    dash of salt

When mixture comes to a boil stir in one cup regular long grain white rice. Stir for about 40 minutes at medium high until mixture starts to thicken. Combine 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Add to mixture and stir another 8 minutes. Pour into 9 x 13 pan and chill.
    Best if made a couple days ahead of time.
    Enjoy.

STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE TRIFLE

2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
    1 cup sugar, divided
    2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
    3 tablespoons orange juice
    3 cups heavy cream, whipped
    1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) pound cake, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
    3 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, grated
    Garnish - chocolate curls and additional strawberries

In a bowl, toss strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar and set aside.
    In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, orange juice and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream, set aside.
    Drain strawberries, reserving juice, set berries aside.
    Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice.

Place 1/2 of cake in a 4 quart trifle dish. Top with 1/3 cream cheese mixture, 1/2 of strawberries and half of grated chocolate. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture.
    Garnish with chocolate curls and strawberries.
    Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours (at least).
    14 servings

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding
    Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
    6 to 8 bananas, sliced
    2 cups milk
    1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
    1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
    In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

• joybugaloo
    16 years ago

This is the BEST no-bake dessert in the world! It looks great, it tastes amazing, all of your friends will be impressed, and other than whipping some cream, all you do is assemble it! Here's the recipe and click on the link to see some pics on my blog if interested.

Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake
    (adapted from The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook)

3 cups heavy cream
    3 tablespoons sugar (I used vanilla sugar, and more like 4-5 tablespoons of it)
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I added one additional teaspoon of vanilla bean paste)
    2 (9-ounce) packages chocolate wafer cookies (I used about 1 1/2 packages of Nabisco Famous Wafer cookies...you know, the ones that are like thin, unfilled Oreos)
    Unsweetened cocoa or chocolate shavings (I used the latter)

In a large bowl, beat cream, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.

On a flat serving plate, arrange 7 cookies side by side in a circle, keeping 1 cookie in the center.

Spread with 1/2 cup whipped cream, making a 7-inch circle. Repeat with remaining cookies and cream, making 11 layers of cookies and ending with a layer of cream (there will be a few cookies left over). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

To serve, dust top lightly with cocoa powder or chocolate shavings.

--Gina
    http://lindseysluscious.blogspot.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Chocolate Icebox Cake at Lindsey's Luscious

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler