Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Looking for Praline Pecan Cake Recipe

Posted by Joanne108 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 15, 05 at 22:40

I lost a copy of the recipe that was on a box of Pillsbury Butter Cake mix. Does anyone have it. I could not locate it on Pillsbury's site. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Looking for Praline Pecan Cake Recipe

Was it a cheesecake? This one uses that flavor cake mix.

Here is a link that might be useful: Praline Pecan Cheesecake

o

Here's another that's not a cheesecake but uses a butter cake mix.

Here is a link that might be useful: Praline Cake

o

Thank you Ginger. No it wasn't a cheesecake,closer to the second recipe. This was a sheet cake that you put first cooked the brown sugar, butter and pecans, spread it out and then added the cake batter, flipping it over after it was cooked. Topping with real whipped cream. I made it last week without the recipe in front of me, but had several requests for the recipe. I hesitate giving one that I only have from memory.

o

That sounds good & maybe closer to this one only using a butter cake instead of chocolate & baking in a sheet pan. Maybe you saw this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cake Recipe

o

Bless you Ginger! This is not the recipe I was looking for, but minus the chocolate the topping recipe is the same. I can put the rest of the recipe together now. Thanks

o

This cake sounds good. Does the topping harden when it cools or should it only be served warm?
Jane

o

You really can't serve the cake warm because of the whipped cream topping. If you make the cake...a suggestion...before you put the cake mix on top of the brown sugar topping, place the pan in the refrigerator so it is not disturbed when the batter goes on top.
Joanne108

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here