Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20007559

RECIPE: Looking for 2-5 ingred desserts

User
14 years ago

Here are two of mine. I love these quick and easy dishes. Do you have any you would like to share?

One box Spice Cake mix

One can 15 oz pumpkin

One cup chocolate chips

Mix all three things together and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. You can of course, leave out the chips or add peanut butter chips to fudge cake mix and I promise you, you want know there is pumpkin there.

2 ingred Pudding Muffins

Any flavor betty crocker cake mix (Fudge cake mix?)

A prepared box of cook style pudding, cooled.(Fudge pudding?)

A can of frosting if you want to frost

Add no oil, water or eggs. Only the pudding. Beat at low speed for one minute, then high speed for two minutes. Scoop into cupcake pans lined with paper liners, enough for 2 dozen. Then sprinkle the top with chopped walnuts or pecans and chocolate chips. ( I used the fudge cake mix and fudge pudding.)

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Put on cooling racks. When cool open a can of vanilla whipped frosting, add about 1 tablespoon of rasberry jam, (no seeds) to a half can of frosting, mixed well, put in a pastry tube, squeeze about 1 tbs. into the center to the inside of the cupcake, for filling, or do half with rasberry and half with white frosting.

Comments (14)

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

This is a family favorite, has few ingredients, and is quick to make, and almost everyone loves it. A chilled pie, not baked, very rich.
    i like to open the cream cheese package to let it come to room temperature. you can zap it in the microwave to soften it, and it makes it a lot fluffier.
    CHERRY - O - CREAM CHEESE PIE

8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
    1 can Eagle Brand milk
    1/3 c. lemon juice
    1 tsp. vanilla
    9 inch graham cracker crust
    1 can cherry pie filling

Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add Eagle Brand milk gradually until blended. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Put into crust and refrigerate 2 or 3 hours. Garnish with cherry pie filling.

my mother made it for years and years, now we make it. I think it was called Bride's pie back then.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

• ginger_st_thomas
    14 years ago

WORLD'S FASTEST STRAWBERRY MOUSSE (serves 4)
    One 10 oz pkg frozen sweetened strawberries
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    Mix all ingredients in the blender & freeze. Serve in sherbet glasses.~~River Road Recipes

RUSSIAN CREAM
    2 cups heavy cream or half-and-half
    1 cup sugar
    2 tsp unflavored gelatin
    1/2 cup cold water
    2 cups sour cream

In a small saucepan over medium high heat combine cream & sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3-4 minutes.
    In a glass measuring cup stir together gelatin & water until gelatin has softened. Pour into cream mixture & stir over medium heat until gelatin is fully dissolved (if you rub a bit between your fingers, you shouldn't feel the gelatin grains.) Mix in sour cream. Pour into a serving bowl or mold & refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.~~
    I served it with fresh strawberries but fresh peach slices would be excellent. I think it was also called by some other nationalities, too.

• kr222
    14 years ago

Chocolate pudding in a graham cracker crust. Top with Cool Whip. It's not fancy, but it's super simple and tasty. Kids can make it too. A great way to get them involved.
    Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipes by KIM

• kimmid
    14 years ago

Easy Peasy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 16oz jar of peanut butter (regular not natural peanut butter)
    2 eggs
    2 cups of sugar

Mix all together. Make into balls, roll in more sugar if desired and press with a fork on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until done (a little less time and they will be soft.. a bit longer and they will be crunchy)

My husband and kids LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE these

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    14 years ago

Oh, that Russian cream is great! More than the sum of its parts. But being mostly cream, I have not made it in a long time. I can't even imagine how many calories it has.

When set I used it as a filling for cream puffs, then glazed with espresso chocolate glaze.

• perceptor
    14 years ago

Kim, I've done the same thing, but fold a cup Cool Whip with one brick of cream cheese, place in an Oreo pie crust, top with chocolate pudding, sprinkle crushed Oreo cookies on top.

• kr222
    14 years ago

Kimmid,
    Great recipe! I'll be trying that one.

Another super easy snacker is as follows:

CHOCOLATE PRETZELS
    Place one Hershey Kiss on a mini twist pretzel.
    Toss in the oven at 275 degrees for 2-3 minutes (until melted).
    Sprinkle with festive sprinkles or M&Ms.

I just posted this recipe ( a couple of days ago) and other quick and easy ones at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipes by KIM

• perceptor
    14 years ago

Chocolate pretzels are delicious. Thanks for sharing that recipe Kim!
    You could also use pretzel sticks, melted chocolate, and dip the pretzel sticks in the chocolate. Sprinkle with sprinkles or M&M's. They would be great edible gifts.

• glenda_al
    14 years ago

I have made Ginger's strawberry mousse several times. Really good!

• kr222
    14 years ago

Perceptor- I agree. :)

Kimmid- Great PB cookies. I made 1/4 batch, and they were gone before they were cooled.
    Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Kim's Recipes

• kimmid
    14 years ago

The PB cookies are wonderful. the original recipe called for one cup, one cup and one.. but when i realized that the PB jar was two cups, coupled with the fact that a single batch was not enough for my husband and two teenage boys, I had to double it. haha

• gazania_gw
    14 years ago

Here is one for a to die for peanut butter candy treat.

Peanut Butter Meltaways
    24 oz bag of white chocolate morsels
    18 oz jar peanut butter
    12 oz bag milk or dark chocolate morsels

Butter well a 9 x 13 metal pan
    In microwave, melt the white chips stirring every 40 seconds. A total microwaving time of about 3 minutes should have the chips completely melted and smooth.
    Stir peanut butter into white chips well. Pour into buttered pan.
    Melt chocolate chips. When smooth, pour over the peanut butter mixture and marble in fairly well. Refrigerate till firm enough to handle. About an hour should do it. Cut and remove from pan. Store in refrigerator. I find that these are easier to remove from the pan if you don't let it chill too long.

• colleenoz
    14 years ago

Eton Mess
    Traditionally this is made with strawberries but we perfer raspberries.

Meringue nests, broken into bite sized pieces
    Whipped heavy cream, unsweetened
    Frozen raspberries, defrosted

Blend whipped cream, broken meringues and raspberries together in proportions to your taste. For three servings I use about a cup of cream, a cup of meringue pieces and a generous half-cup of raspberries. Serve in parfait glasses. Mmmmm!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Lemon Cool Whip Cookies 18 1/2 oz lemon cake mix 1 egg 2 c. Cool Whip thawed(regular) Mix well, Bake at 350 degrees on greased cookie sheet. Place 1 1/2 in apart tsps. of dough, Bake until lightly browned Remove from cookie sheet & when cooled roll in powdered sugar. Makes 4 doz. An easy chewy cookie. Could use Devil's food cake mix. A Taste of Oregon cookbook l982