Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Sugar Cookies

Posted by brant (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 17, 05 at 21:24

Does any one have a recipe for a soft sugar cookie? I want to make my cookies ahead and freeze to save time before Christmas. I plan on frosting them right before Christmas. Thanks Debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Sugar Cookies

I always bake crisp cookies....I think they keep their shape better.
Linda C

o

This is the one that I finally settled on after searching for years to duplicate my grandmother's soft sugar cookies:

Soft Sugar (roll out) Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups flour

Beat butter and sugar together until light. Beat in eggs, milk, vanilla.
Whisk together dry ingredients, add to creamed mixture.
Chill well (overnight if possible), roll out, cut into shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
Decorate with colored sugars, sprinkles, nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, gumdrops, etc. before baking, or icing after baking.
Bake 375 for 7 minutes, or just until edges start to brown. Makes 6-7 dozen, depending on size.

Cindy

o

These are the best cutout sugar cookies!!! So tender.

DELUXE SUGAR COOKIES

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup margerine or butter softnened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tarter

mix powdered sugar, margerine,egg, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.

Heat oven to 375. I bake mine at 350. 7-8 minutes or until edges start to just turn golden.

o
RE: LOOKING for: Sugar Cookies frosting

I forgot to add that I use the buttercream frosting recipe on the C&H Powdered sugar bag, only I use heavy whipping cream for the milk. SOOOOOOOO good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here