Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Slice and bake christmas cookies (refrigerator cookies)

Posted by Dances_in_Garden (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 27, 05 at 18:39

Made these for an ornament decorating party, and they went over like gangbusters. I found the recipe on the internet (naturally lol) on Cooks.com. It makes a lot, four rolls of cookies to slice and bake. My kitchenaid could only handle about four cups of the flour, I stirred the rest in by hand.

Not too sweet, easy as pie, look great, and the taste? Classic christmas cookie!

Refridgerator Cookies

1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 lb (or 2 cups) butter
6 cups all purpose flour
3 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 lb pecans, chopped fine (Note: I did not use the nuts)

Cream butter and sugars (until light and fluffy).
Add eggs and vanilla (mix until combined well).

Stir together flour and soda (recipe says to sift together twice, but we all know how that goes). Fold into egg/sugar/butter mixture. Add nuts if using.

Divide into 4 rolls, wrap in waxed paper and chill until firm. Slice thin (1/4 inch) and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

**I coloured half the dough to make a swirled pattern by patting out some of the plain, patting the colour over top, and rolling starting from the long edge - on waxed paper.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Slice and bake christmas cookies (refrigerator cooki

These sound delicious! I'm saving them to my file. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Jen

o
RE: RECIPE: Slice and bake christmas cookies (refrigerator cooki

Dances, Thank you for the cookie recipe! I no longer have the stamina to mix a big batch of cookies together and then bake them all, but this is doable. Mix, put in fridge for when I want them, bake as many as I want at a time (I even used the toaster oven for a few), and they taste great!

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here