Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: answers to a couple of questions

Posted by bevb (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 13, 06 at 18:17

I am hoping someone can help with a few questions

1. Can Cream puffs be frozen after baking?
I have never made these before, so if anyone has some tips I would appreciate it.

2. What do you put inside of them for a dessert?

3. Can Mushroom caps be frozen? and if so, before they are cooked?

Thank you for any advice you can offer.
Bev

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: answers to a couple of questions

Cream puffs can be frozen....but they need to be thawed and then re crisped in the oven before serving....they will get soggy and rubbery if you don't do that.
I like pastry cream in them for dessert.
Pastry Cream
2 T flour
cup sugar
pinch salt
3 egg yolks
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanillaor liquor
2 tsps butter

Mix dry ingredients
Beat yolks and beat into dry ingredients
add milk and whisk over low heat until bubbles break the surface.and continue cooking 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and stir in butter and liquor or vanilla.
Cover with plastic wrap ( right on the surface!) and chill.
Fill puffs by cutting tops off warm cream puffs, pulling out any damp and uncooked parts and fill with pastry cream and replace tops.
Linda C

o

Fillings for cream puffs:

1. pastry creams, as mentioned in the previous email, of any flavor.
2. curd, lemon or any flavor curds
3. chocolate ganache
4. whipped cream
5. ice cream

o

For my Grand-Baby's christening party I made cream puffs and filled them with Bavarian Cream. After the party there were a few left over, which were well wrapped and put into the freezer. When we took them out of the freezer, we had a delicious dessert of icecream filled puffs. The puff shells were not as crispy as "out of the oven", but still tasty and good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here