Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
i_love_cooking

LOOKING for: Don't now what to make anymore.

i-love-cooking
14 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I'm a newbie here. :) I was wondering if I could get some dessert recipes from you all.

I seem to make the same things over and over again. So I wanted a little change of cookin'.

This is what I normally make:

1. Chocolate chip cookies.

2. Fruit crumbles.

3. Chocolate cookies.

4. Fruit pies.

Thanks!

Your fellow cooker,

Rachel

Comments (7)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

List some of your favorite flavors such as lemon or almond or orange, cherry etc. Would help a lot!

• bcskye
    14 years ago

How about some large cream puffs with custard filling, drizzled with chocolate? Much easier than you would think.

• User
    14 years ago

Here's some from our KT recipe collection

Here is a link that might be useful: desserts

• beezee
    14 years ago

hi rachel, im new to posting but have lurked for years..this is a fun website with interesting personalities as well...have you considered a trifle? the flexibility and imagination is all you need..cake, fruit and sauce...the cakey part can be:pound, brownies, gingerbread, ladyfingers,etc. the fruit can be what is in season or even canned or jarred the saucy part can be vanilla yogurt or something you can make...just layer it all in a glass bowl or trifle bowl..this is a visual and colorful dessert and can be haelthier than most desserts...bz

• ginger_st_thomas
    14 years ago

PRALINE CHEESECAKE WITH PECAN SAUCE
    Crust:
    1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 cup pecans, chopped & toasted
    4 TBL butter, melted
    Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the crumbs, sugar & pecans in a bowl. Add the melted butter & mix well. Press the crumb mixture over the bottom & 1 1/2" up the sides of a 9" springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.

Filling:
    Three 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    2/3 cup evaporated milk
    2 TBL flour
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla
    3 eggs
    1 cup pecan halves, toasted

Beat together the cream cheese, brown sugar, evaporated milk, flour & vanilla. Add the eggs & beat just until blended. Pour into the hot baked crust. Bake 50-55 minutes. Cool in the pan 30 minutes, loosen the sides of the springform & remove the rim. Cool completely. Arrange the pecan halves on top of the cheesecake.

Pecan sauce:
    1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
    2 TBL cornstarch
    2 TBL butter
    1/2 cup broken pecan pieces

In a saucepan mix the brown sugar & cornstarch. Add 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil & stir over medium heat until thickened & bubbly, about 5 minutes. Stir in the butter & add the pecans. Serve the sauce on the side in a sauceboat.~~

• roselin32
    14 years ago

This recipe came from an American Cancer Society cookbook some years ago and is one of my most requested.....you can use any kind of preserves-apricot and peach are other favorites. My son liked the Linzer Torte cookies we used to get when we lived in Germany and this is sort of similar but much less work:
    Raspberry Bars
    2 1/2c all purpose flour
    1 c sugar
    1 c chopped pecans OR walnuts
    1 c butter, softened
    1 egg
    1 10 jar raspberry preserves

Preheat oven to 350°

Grease a 9x13" baking pan. In a large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients except preserves. Beat at low speed until mixture is crumbly about 2-3 minutes. Reserve 1 1/2 c of crumb mixture. Press remaining~ crumb mixture into baking pan.
    Spread preserves to within 1/2" from edges of the unbaked crumb mixture. Crumble remaining crumb mix over preserves.
    Bake for 40-50 minutes or til lightly browned. Cool completely and cut into bars.
    RL~

• User
    14 years ago

That recipe for rasberry bars is going into my 7 ingred or less file folder. It sounds really good.

Here is a simple dessert I like to make:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    2 ingred Pudding Muffins

Any flavor betty crocker cake mix (Fudge cake mix?)

A prepared box of cook style pudding, cooled.(Fudge pudding?)

A can of frosting if you want to frost

Add no oil, water or eggs. Only the pudding. Beat at low speed for one minute, then high speed for two minutes. Scoop into cupcake pans lined with paper liners, enough for 2 dozen. Then sprinkle the top with chopped walnuts or pecans and chocolate chips. ( I used the fudge cake mix and fudge pudding.)

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Put on cooling racks. When cool open a can of vanilla whipped frosting, add about 1 tablespoon of rasberry jam, (no seeds) to a half can of frosting, mixed well, put in a pastry tube, squeeze about 1 tbs. into the center to the inside of the cupcake, for filling, or do half with rasberry and half with white frosting.