Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eileen_launonen

LOOKING for: Cookies made with cereal???

eileen_launonen
19 years ago

I want to get my hands on a cookie recipe that I can incorporate my favorite cereal "banana nut crunch"...I thought maybe someone had a recipe where the oats or something could be substituted ...any ideas? I checked Post Cereal site,they have many recipes but maybe one or 2 for my cereal favorite.

Comments (9)

• caliloo
    19 years ago

Hey eileen!

You might try a recipe that uses Grapenuts...

I found this one but I'm not sure if it would be good with cranberries. Okay, honestly, I wouldn't like a banana/cranberry combination but that's just me.

Alexa

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies #2781
    by Robb Dabbs : my other recipes : e-mail me
    5 reviews

No photo posted yet.
    Post a photo of this recipe.I recently tried these from a recipe on the Post Grape-Nuts Cereal box. Delicious! Robb  Aug 20, 1999
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 1/2 cups margarine (3 sticks)
    2/3 cup brown sugar, Firmly packed
    2/3 cup granulated sugar
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups Post Grape-Nuts cereal
    2 cups quick-cooking oats
    1 cup dried cranberries

96 cookies Change size or US/metric : We don't know how long this takes to make. If you do, tell us.

Change to: cookies US Metric
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
    2. Mix flour and baking soda in small bowl.
    3. Beat margarine in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed to soften.
    4. Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy.
    5. Beat in egg and vanilla.
    6. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
    7. Stir in cereal, oats and cranberries.
    8. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
    9. Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.

1. Cooled 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
    2. Cool completely on wire racks.
  • woodie
    19 years ago

You may think this is crazy, but anyway, here's something you might consider if you like banana and chocolate.

ANN T's SILLY TOFFEE SQUARES
    1/2 cup flour
    3/4 cup Rice Krispies cereal
    1/4 tsp. baking soda
    Pinch of salt
    1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1/3 cup butter melted
    1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT Evaporated Milk!)
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    1-1/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Combine first 6 ingredients and press into 8-inch square pan and bake at 350° F. for 10 minutes.
    In heavy nonstick saucepan combine condensed milk, 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Bring to a low boil and cook 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Be careful not to burn. Remove from heat and pour over baked crust.
    Melt chocolate chips over low heat. Stir in remaining cereal until well coated. Using two forks spread over caramel layer. Chill and cut into squares.

• eileen_launonen
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks I guess I could just illiminate the cranberries and it would be fine..Ill give it a try Im starting to bake alot now, of course yesterday i was in the mood to bake and I only had 4 cups of flour left ...boy was I mad! So its off to BJ Wholesale today so im set for the weekend.

• JessyFeldm_speakeasy
    19 years ago

Uh, Woodie, where is the banana in that recipe? I'm losing it if it's there.

(please email me...I don't check here very often...)

• woodie
    19 years ago

Jessy, the point of this thread is that Eileen wants to use her favorite cereal which is "Banana Nut Crunch", so that's where the banana comes in. There's no banana right off the tree, just what's in the cereal :-)

• roselin32
    19 years ago

Not cookies but I'll bet the Bran Muffins would be good replacing the bran flakes with the Banana Nut Cereal.
    RL`

• JessyFeldm_speakeasy
    19 years ago

(I knew that!)

• china1940
    17 years ago

I just tried a great recipe, from a magazine and wouldn't you know it, the 2007 magazine got away from me. Am not for sure which magazine, It may have been Country Living, Feb, Or March issue, but could have been Southern Living or Taste of Home or even Kraft too.
    Anyway some of the ingredients were Oatmeal, Post cereal, coconut, brown sugar, white sugar, flour, nuts and raisens. If anyone knows what recipe this is

• taram
    16 years ago

A simple quick well-known one:

QUICK CHOCOLATE KRISPIE CRUNCHES

Preparation time: less than 30 mins

Cooking time: less than 10 mins

Ingredients:

75g/3oz butter
    100g/4oz golden syrup
    60g/2½oz plain chocolate, broken in pieces
    50g/2oz Rice Krispies
    50g/2oz rolled oats

Method:

1. Put the butter, golden syrup and chocolate into a small saucepan and melt together over a low heat.
    2. Mix together the Rice Krispies and rolled oats and stir in the golden syrup mixture.
    3. Line a bun tray with ten paper cases.
    4. Fill the paper cases with the chocolate rice krispie mixture.
    5. Place in the fridge to set.