Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Cherry Bread Pudding

Posted by dawnp (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 16:06

I am looking for a recipe that someone told me about. It's a bread pudding with cherries, cream cheese and a crumble topping. It's a recipe done in several steps. If anyone recognizes this, please post! Thanks so much!

Dawn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Found It!

I found it!

I thought I'd share

CHERRY BREAD PUDDING with Brandied Cherry Compote

For the Bread Pudding:
4 Eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups milk
12 slices white bread cut into cubes

In a medium bowl, beat eggs,sugar,vanilla,salt, cinnamon, & milk. Add bread cubes to mixture. Let soak for 45 minutes turning occasionally. Pour into a medium size buttered casserole or baking dish.

FOR THE CHERRY FILLING

4 cups fresh or frozen cherries(pitted)
1 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean(optional)
1/2 c water
2 T cornstarch mixed with 2 T cold water

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except cornstarch mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins. Remove vanilla bean. Add cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened. Remove from heat. Reserve 2 cups, let cool.

FOR THE BRANDIED SAUCE
2 cups reserved cherry filling
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup brandy

Mix ingredients together. Serve warm

FOR THE CREAM CHEESE TOPPING
8 oz cream cheese at room temp.
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well

FOR THE STREUSEL
1/2 c flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
2 oz butter

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until the consistency of small peas. Reserve

TO ASSEMBLE

Using a spoon, dot the top of the bread pudding with the cherry compote. Repeat procedure using crean cheese mixture. Sprinkle with streusel. Bake for 30-40 mins. Remove from oven. Let stand 15-20 mins before serving. Can be served warm or cold. Serve with brandied cherry sauce and vanilla ice cream, if desired.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here