Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: german chocolate pie

Posted by abbylane8 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 15, 06 at 15:54

I am looking for a german chocolate pie recipe. I have made it before and my husband loved it, but I was not too fond. I would like to find a better one. If anybody has one, could you please share. Thank you!
-Abby

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: german chocolate pie

I hope this recipe for German Chocolate Pie is different from yours, and that you like it better!

1 1/2 C. coconut, toasted
1/2 C. chopped pecans
2 T. flour
1/4 C. margarine, melted
2 - 8-oz pkgs. cream cheese
1/2 C. sugar
2 - 1-oz squares sweet chocolate, melted
1 C. whipping cream, whipped

Combine coconut, nuts, flour and margarine; press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Cool.
Combine softened cream cheese, sugar and chocolate, mixing until well blended. Fold in whipping cream. Pour into crust; chill several hours or overnight. Garnish with additional toasted coconut, if desired.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here