Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Rose Petal Cake beautiful

Posted by jordyc (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 1, 06 at 13:46

Rose Petal Cake:
I love this recipe it's so simple and very cute, perfect for babyshowers or when you want to impress your guests.

Ingredients:
1 Cup butter softened
1 1/3 cups white sugar
5 very large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 ounces finely chopped almonds
3 teaspoons rose water
2 drops red food coloring
2 cups all purpose flour

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a nince inch tube pan.

Cream the butter very well. In a separate bowl beat sugar and eggs together until they have doubled their volume. Sift the flour and add it along with the salt gradually.
Fold in creamed butter thoroughly.

Divide batter into two equal parts, in one part add the almond extract and the ground almonds. To the other part add the rosewater and the red food coloring, place batters alternatively into the prepared pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Let cake cool then remove from pan and dust with confectioners sugar.

Buen Provecho!

Tips: If you add just a tad of red food coloring into two cups of whipped cream you have your frosting, I like to make the top of the cake really red so then I can decorate it with white rose petals.

Courtesy of: jordyscorner.baboonsoftware.com

Here is a link that might be useful: All about everything

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Rose Petal Cake beautiful

Sounds beautiful.
I am not a fan of rose water....I wonder if you could substitute a little raspberrye liquor??
Linda C

o

Im sorry it took so long for me to answer back.
Computers can drive you to madness!

You could substitute it, but I wouldnt recommend it since it would change the taste of the cake, when I cant find rose water I like to make it myself, that way I can condense the flavour of the petals in my cake.

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipes and Sweet things

o

Thank you for the cake recipe and website. I bought rose water some time ago and never really knew what to use it for. Thought it was chiefly for special cake icings...such as used in wedding or anniversary cakes.

o

Elizabethan cuisine is noted for its near-pervasive use of such ingredients as rosewater, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, almonds, oranges, and currants. Most of these ingredients were not native to England and thus had to be purchased from merchants at a high price up until this period. Therefore, liberal use of them in a meal allowed a host to show off his or her wealth, much the way we would buy caviar or expensive wines for our dinner guests today. In deference to today's tastes and the desire for a balanced meal, I have removed these ingredients from many of the dishes you eat today. In addition, I have modified other ingredients and sometimes even the method of several recipes for either ease of preparation, transportation, or presentation. Therefore, my recipes for this meal are not strictly authentic redactions of the originals reprinted herein.

Here is a link that might be useful: rose water

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here