Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Red Currant Cookies...Needing Recipe

Posted by scared (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 07 at 12:21

Hello,

I am in search of a red currant cookie recipe and am hoping that I can get some help on this forum. I first tried the cookie a couple of years ago from a co-worker. His wife had made these cookies and had gotten the recipe from an ederly German woman that she took care of. I am no longer in touch with this co-worker and was unable to persuade his wife into sharing the recipe when we were in touch. The cookie itself is sugar cookie-like, but a little wafier. The red currant jelly is added to the top center of the cookie and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

Sorry, just thinking about the cookie makes my mouth water. Anyway, I would appreciate any help that I can get. I look forward to hearing back from anyone else that has been lucky enough to enjoy this cookie! Thank you. Good Times.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Red Currant Cookies...Needing Recipe

This one is a sandwich cookie. Was the one you wanted just one layer?

Here is a link that might be useful: German cookie

o
RE: RECIPE: Red Currant Cookies...Needing Re

Scroll down to the Tiny Tartlet recipe at the site below. You'd have to sprinkle w/powdered sugar. Watch out - music will play.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tiny Tartlets

o

Thank you both! I look forward to trying both recipes. :) Also, If I can remember correctly I believe they were called Spitz Boubin cookies. Thanks again. Good Times.

o

You're welcome!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here