Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Center fill baking pan recipes

Posted by MARYANNT (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 13, 02 at 11:59

Does anyone have any recipes for the center fill baking pan, it is a cake pan that I just bought off the HSN network. It leaves an indention in the middle of the cake so you can fill it with cream cheese, mousse etc. It only came with 2 recipes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Center fill baking pan recipes

Are these the same kind as Tiara pans???

Here is a link that might be useful: Tiara

o

I too have just received the center-fill baking pan from HSN.

I was disappointed in the amount of recipes included in the package.

Yes, we do need some ideas.

Can anyone help??? I'm anxious to use it, this week!!

o

Please let us know if the pan shown at the link is it. We need to know what it is before offerimg ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Is this it?

o

I do not know what Tiara pans are.

These center fill baking pans are for cakes. They can be a regular round cake pan, or you can put an insert into the pan where when you bake a cake you get a outside ring of cake with a more shallow round center that can be filled with somekind of filling. Possibly a cheesecake filling.

It sounded so neat on HSN and I expected to get a lot of recipes or ideas with the pan, but didn't.

Can you help?

o

Sounds sort of like a Tiara pan. I think Tiara pans have a sort of indented center that you fill. Check the recipes above & see if they sound like they'd work.

If they're sold on TV, sooner or later more recipes will appear.

o
RE: LOOKING Center fill baking pan recipes

Oops, I'm wrong. Sounds like this makes sort of a version of tunnel cakes.

o

Does anyone have any recipes for these pans yet?

Are we the only ones who purchase them?

o

Is the pan you're talking about the same as the pan Marlen posted the link to?

o

Ginger,

Yes, this is the same pan. If you have any ideas let me know. I have not used the pan but 3 times.

o

I'm glad to see this thread because I've been thinking about getting a very similar cake pan from QVC. If I remember correctly, don't you just use a regular cake mix and your imagination. In the demo that I saw, they filled it with everything from ice cream, to pudding to fruit. I think they also used only one side and made a jello mold filling the indentation with fruit and a meatloaf topped (filled) with mashed potatoes.

Wanda and Mary Ann -- I know you've only used your pan a few times, but were you pleased with it? Did the cake release easily?

Here's a link to the one I'm thinking about getting -- you may find some recipes there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Culinique Surprise Food Mold

o

That is the pan that is sold on QVC.We have used it several times.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here