Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Mrs. Sarah's Simple Apple Dumplings

Posted by ar_dramaqueen (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 9, 08 at 11:20

Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. I thought some of you may enjoy a very simple recipe for apple dumplings.
Enjoy!!

Mrs. Sarah's Simple Apple Dumplings

6 ingredients:

dumplings
-----
2 granny smith apples
2 cans of crescent rolls (I buy the generic brand)

sauce
-----
3/4 c. melted butter
1 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

1 8 oz. can mountain dew

Cut apples into 8ths. Core. Wrap one slice of apple with one creasant. Lay in sprayed 9 X 13 inch pan. Continue until all apples are wrapped and in pan.
Mix butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Pour over apple dumplings evenly.

Pour can of Mountain Dew between dumplings.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

AR_Dramaqueen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Mrs. Sarah's Simple Apple Dumplings

I have made those numerous times and everyone raves over the recipe.

o
RE: RECIPE: Mrs. Sarah's Simple Apple Dumplings

Do the Crescent Rolls (Dumplings) get soggy in the soda? Or does it turn into a caramel sauce. This sounds interesting to me, and I'm just wondering what to expect when I make them. TIA Sally

o
Dump////lings

My recipe calls for pouring the soda around the edges.
And I don't make the sauce. I "eye" it, by dotting with butter and sprinkle a lesser amt of sugar and cinnamon.
This is recipe I use but using less amts of sugar and butter. Just when sugars and butter looks right.
And NO the crescents do not get soggy.

Ingredients
4 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cored, cut into quarters
2 cans Crescent Dinner Rolls (open and separate)
2 C. granulated sugar
1 C. brown sugar
1 (12 oz.) can Sprite
3/4 C. (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with Pam. Wrap each piece of apple in a crescent roll. Put into prepared baking dish, core side down. Mix sugars together and spread evenly over apples. Cut butter or margarine over top, then pour Sprite around the edge of the baking dish. Bake until browned.

Yield: 16 apple dumplings

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here