Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: The best way to remove a tart from pan?

Posted by gardengrl (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 17, 04 at 8:23

This has just occured to me. When making other pies, cakes, & such, I usually flip the finished crust/cake out of the cooking pan before decorating (except pies). Since tart crusts are so thin (usually have the fluted edges), how do you remove them for the final product? Do you put the fruit filling in and then try to remove the tart from the pan? When you see a picture of a fruit tart, it's this delicate thing outside of the pan, ready for cutting.

At least when I make cheescakes, I can use a springform pan. Do they make special tart pans? Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: The best way to remove a tart from pan?

The tart pans I have are 2 parts so you just push up from the bottom & the tart comes right out. I never have a problem. However a year or so ago, I made a lemon tart with just a freeform tart ring (sort of flower shaped) with no bottom & put the dough in the ring & prebaked it on a cookie sheet. It was a lemon tart from the Joy of Baking site. The crust was so tender & flaky it shattered when I tried to remove it so now I bake it in the 2 part type tart tin.

o

Oh, meant to add that it doesn't seem to make any difference whether the tart is filled or not (at least the recipes I've used.)

o

I don't do a lot of baking or putting together any desserts at all. However, somewhere along the line I did acquire a tart pan and it's what Ginger mentioned, you push out the bottom and the crust pops out and stays perfect (like a springform). I don't remember what I ever made in that pan, but I do know that I'm very inept at baking and I did okay with the tart pan!

o

Let them finish

(baaaaaaaad Jessy)

o

JESSY!

You need your knuckles rapped with a ruler!

o

hehehehehe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here