Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: cake and cupcake recipe

Posted by aprice9066 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 7:58

I was considering decorating some cupcakes for xmas gifts. I bought a book called 500 cupcakes. The decorations are ok, but I tried one of the recipes to see how they might turn out, and it is not very good!! Very dense and chewy on top! Doe anyone know of some good cake or cupcake recipes? What do bakeries use? Those cakes are always much better than what I make from scratch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: cake and cupcake recipe

I just posted two great recipes that take only two or three ingredients and they are super good.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2- 3 ingred cupcakes

o
RE: RECIPE: cake and cupcake recipe

Most bakeries (gasp!) use box mixes, doctored.

I sell cakes professionally, and do a bit of both. My chocolate, red velvet, carrot, and other speciality flavored cakes are scratch.

My white, yellow, lemon, coconut are doctored. I add the following to a box of cake (usually DH but you can use any of the brands), and DO NOT add the ingredients listed on the boxes instructions:

1 cup of sour cream
a box of pudding (unless carving, then it's too moist)
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
3 eggs
1/4-1/3 cup oil (eyeballed)
1 cup water (or milk or coffee creamer in coordinating flavor)
2 tsp vanilla (or coordinating flavored extract)

For cupcakes, preheat to 400 degrees and when you put them in decrease it to 325. That gives it the nice 'muffin' top. If baking a cake, keep it at 325.

You can use lemon cake w/ lemon pudding, yellow cake w/ vanilla pudding and so on. They're delicious.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here