Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_in_germany

RECIPE: Cappuccino crinkles

Lisa_in_Germany
20 years ago

I made these today for the cookie sale on Sunday. Along with M&M cookies (Nestle choc. chip recipe) and snickerdoodles. Hoping to make gingersnaps, roselin's lebkuchen bars and the butterscotch bars this weekend.

These are so good. Just don't make them too big. They don't spread much so you can fit more on a cookie sheet, too.

(with all these cookies that have to be made into balls, I really need to get a cookie dough scoop so they are all the same size.) These have a very faint coffee taste, but if you like more of a coffee taste, you could use instant espresso, I think.

Cappuccino Crinkles

Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book

1/3 cup butter or margarine

1 cup packed brown sugar

2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 tablespoon instant coffee granules

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 egg whites

1/3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1. In large mixing bowl beat the butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or till softened. Add the brown sugar, cocoa powder, coffee granules, baking soda, and cinnamon. (I combined them in a bowl prior) Beat till combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg whites and yogurt till combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour.

2. Place the granulated sugar in a small bowl. Drop dough by a teaspoon (I used less) into sugar and roll into balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 deg. oven for 8 to 10 min. till edges are firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool. Makes about 40 cookies.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area