Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Chunky Orange Marmalade Cookies

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 11, 06 at 22:51

I made these cookies tonight and doubled the recipe. Instead of using two egg yolks, I used one whole large egg. And I used sweet butter instead of shortening. I asked about those substitutions in the Cooking forum and promised I'd share the recipe when I finished. So, here it is.....

Chunky Orange Marmalade Cookies

1/4 cup shortening (I used unsalted butter)
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. BP
1/2 tsp. BS
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans (magazine says "teaspoon" instead of "cup"... has to be an error!)

Combine the flour, salt, BP, BS, cinnamon and nutmeg, set aside.

Cream the shortening, egg yolk, and marmalade until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.

Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.

Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets (I used non-stick pans and didn't grease). Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.

Yield: 2 dozen (my double batch yielded 3 dozen).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Chunky Orange Marmalade Cookies

jenn, thanks. I love orange marmalade & will be trying these cookies soon.

Tricia

o

I love chocolate and orange combined so this one is a cut/paste job!

o

I hope you like them. Another name could be "surprise cookies". They look like chocolate chip cookies, but when you take a bite you get the subtle taste of orange, with spices.

o

Thanks Jen, I'll be trying these soon.

Cindy

o

I noticed that this recipe doesn't call for any sugar. Is that right? Maybe the orange marmalade replaces the sugar. With my sweet tooth, I just wanted to make sure that these tasted sweet enough. Thanks for any input from more experienced bakers than me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here