Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Help with reception

Posted by Marciagaye (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 19, 04 at 20:35

We are having an "open house dessert" reception for my daughter and her new husband. My husband would like to serve, as he says "some killer desserts". HELP !!! We expect about 150 people in and out over a 3 hour time period. I need recipes for "bite size" pieces. Thanks a whole lot for any help you can give.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Help with reception

Marciagaye, these can easily be cut into small bite sized squares and you can use any kind of jam you like-they are equally good with apricot.
Raspberry Bars
2 1/2c all purpose flour
1 c sugar
1 c chopped pecans` OR walnuts
1 c butter, softened
1 egg
1 10 jar raspberry preserves
Grease a 9x13" baking pan. In a large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients except preserves. Beat at low speed until mixture is crumbly about 2-3 minutes. Reserve 1 1/2 c of crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into baking pan.
Spread preserves to within 1/2" from edges of the unbaked crumb mixture. Crumble remaining crumb mix over preserves.
Bake in a preheated 350oven for 40-50 minutes or til lightly browned. Cool completely and cut into bars.
From "The American Cancer Society Cookbook"
RL`

o

Here's a thread on mini tarts from this forum with some good recipes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mini Tarts

o

The forum went crazy for these truffles last Christmas, even I made them and I don't make a lot of desserts!

from Sue (cookingrvc)

Oreo Truffles

1 pound Oreo Cookies -- 3 sleeves
1 8 oz Cream Cheese -- room temp
1 pound melting milk chocolate
1/2 pound melting white chocolate -- (Can vary the colors depending upon the occasion)

Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder
Using mixer, blend cookie powder and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed (should be no white traces of cream cheese). Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet.
Refrigerate for 45 mintues. Line two cookie sheets with wax paper.
In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate.
Dip balls and coat thoroughly.
With slotted tool, life ball out of choclate and let excess chocolate drip off.
Place on wax-paper lined cookie sheet.
In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate.
Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls.
Let cool. If not eating that day. store in airtight container, in refrigerator.

o
RE: LOOKING for: Help with reception/

Ooops, I hit 'submit' too soon, here is a killer biscotti recipe from an old friend.

CARRIE'S ALMOND APRICOT BISCOTTI

2 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ginger

3 1/2 oz. white chocolate, cut into pieces
1 2/3 cup toasted almond slivers
2 large eggs
1/4 cup plus 1 TBL. apricot brandy
2 tsp. almond extract
6 oz. dried apricots, diced

Butter and flour cookie sheet. Comine first six ingredients in food processor until fine meal. Add chocolate, chop fine, then add almonds. Beat eggs, brandy and extract in large bowl. Add flour mixture and apricots, stir until moist dough. Moisten fingers. Form into three 12" x 2" logs. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then bake on center rack at 350* for 30 minutes. Transfer sheet to cooling rack and cool completely. Reduce heat to 300* and cut logs into 3/4" slices. Arrange on sides on cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes, then turn over and bake 10 minutes more. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here