Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chery2

LOOKING for: Anyone have an ice-cream sandwich cake recipe?

chery2
17 years ago

Had this dessert and couldn't believe it when the gal told me it was basically chocolate and vanilla ice-cream sandwiches piled on top of one another. It was to die for! chery2

Comments (4)

• gourd_friends
    17 years ago

I have a recipe, and I've made the cake before. Its really good, easy to make ahead and a nice keeper. It is from a Pampered Chef cook book. Unfortunately, I can't find it right now, and a search didn't yield anything close.
    It was a small book.....Season's Best, I think, but not sure which season, or year.
    Good Luck

Jan

• Hellion
    17 years ago

Here is one. There are several on the Taste of Home message boards. You have to be a subscriber to search the recipe files, but there are several more there.

ICE CREAM SANDWICH DESSERT

17 miniature ice cream sandwiches, divided

1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping

1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

1/4 cup chocolate syrup

1 Symphony candy bar (7 ounces), chopped

SERVINGS 15-18
    CATEGORY Dessert
    METHOD Freezer
    PREP 10 min.
    TOTAL 10 min.

DIRECTIONS

Arrange 14 ice cream sandwiches in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. dish. Cut remaining sandwiches in half lengthwise; fill in the spaces in the dish. Spread with caramel and whipped toppings. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar. Cover and freeze for at least 45 minutes. Cut into squares. Yield: 15-18 servings.

• chery2
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tried the above recipe, though I knew the 13x9x2 dish wouldn't be tall enough to layer the ice-cream sandwiches. It was yummy but messy. Think I'll use a deep-dish pan next time. But even with one layer of ice-cream sandwiches, the dessert is plenty rich. I used fat-free whipped topping and fat-free chocolate syrup, but I'm sure one serving was in the thousands of calories. Oh, well, as Paula Deen says to people concerned about fat, calories, and carbs who come to her restaurant, "Get over yourself!"

chery2

• carmie2
    17 years ago

Hi Chery2...Is this the one your looking for?

The recipe is featured in The Pampered Chef's Season's Best Recipe Summer 2005 Collection.

Ice Cream Sandwich Torte

Ingredients

1 cup coarsely chopped creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 10 cookies)
    1/2 cup milk
    1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
    1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
    12 frozen ice cream sandwiches (3.75 ounces each), unwrapped, divided
    2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated or multi-colored sprinkles

Directions

1. Coarsely chop cookies using a food chopper. In a Bowl, combine milk and pudding mix; whisk using stainless steel whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Fold in half of the whipped topping and cookies.. set filling aside.
    2. Working quickly, arrange six of the ice cream sandwiches side by side on "Simple Additions Large Square Platter." Spread filling evenly over sandwiches. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches, forming a rectangular-shaped torte; smooth sides. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of torte. Grate chocolate over torte . Freeze at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.... Slice and serve.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings
    Tip
    If freezing torte overnight, remove from freezer 30 to 45 minutes before serving for easier slicing.

Sponsored