Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Peanut Butter Lush

Posted by hernameaintprecious (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 12, 06 at 19:48

Last year at a picnic, the award-winning recipe was "peanut butter lush". I have tried recipes I found on the internet that I thought might be this dish, but they all were more set and firm whereas the one I am looking for makes a creamier, more luscious dessert. Does anyone have a recipe they think might be the one or at least similar to it? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Peanut Butter Lush

Are these recipes anything that you may be looking for. Take a look and see. There are around 10 pages.

Good Luck and I hope it's good.

Starr

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipes for Chocolate and Lemon Lush's... 10 pages

o
RE: LOOKING for: Peanut Butter Lush

I found this recipe called Jimmy Carter Dessert. It is one of those layered desserts just like the lushes, but peanut butter is added to the cream cheese layer. Other variations used a flour, butter and peanut crust and topped the dessert with chopped peanuts and shaved chocolate.

Jimmy Carter Dessert

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup chopped peanuts
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 (12-ounce) container whipped topping
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 chocolate candy bar

Crust
Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and peanuts. Press into bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan.

Cream Cheese Layer
Cream peanut butter and cream cheese together. Add confectioners' sugar. Mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Spread on crust.

Pudding Layer
Mix pudding mixes with 3 cups milk. Pour on top of cream cheese layer. Chill for 5 minutes to set. Top with remaining whipped topping. Shave chocolate bar for garnish. Chill for 2 hours

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here