Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Freezing Angel Food Cake

Posted by TobyT (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 2, 03 at 13:41

I promised my daughter that I would make an angel food cake for one of our Thanksgiving deserts. I have never made one in advance and frozen it. Does anyone have any experience with doing this? It would be a scratch cake if that makes any difference.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Freezing Angel Food Cake

Toby, I make Angel Food from scratch and I tried to freeze one this summer I didn't care for it. It seemed to absorb moisture . Also, I had it wrapped really, really well in plastic but it still picked up that "freezer" taste. Other cakes freeze so nicely I thought it would work.

Marilyn

o

Thanks Marilyn. I freeze other cakes and brownies and breads, but something made me think that it just might not work with angel food cake. I'm so pleased to have learned from your experience.

o

You are welcome Toby! Good luck.

Marilyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here