Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Please! Kitchenaid Recipe

Posted by fishpillow77 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 31, 06 at 12:44

Ok, I know this isn't really a dessert question but I think someone might be able to help.
When I got my kitchenaid mixer it came with a small (red I think, with white spiral binding) recipe book. I need a recipe from it but cannot find it!! If anyone has this book I need the recipe for a sweet potato dish. I don't remember what it is called but it calls for mashed sweet potatoes and there is a corn flake topping on it. PLEASE help, my family will kill me if I don't make it for Thanksgiving!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Please! Kitchenaid Recipe

Is this it? Found at another forum....

WOW, that does look good. Since it's sitting right here, here's the recipe from the PRO 600 manual:

2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Place potatoes in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds. Add milk, sugar, eggs, 2 tablespoons butter, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Turn to speed 4 and beat about 1 minute. Spread mixture in greased 9" pie plate. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until set. Clean bowl and beater.

Crunch Praline Topping:
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3/4 cup corn flakes
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar

Place all topping ingredients in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. turn to STIR speed and mix about 15 seconds. Spread on hot puff. Bake 10 minutes longer.

Yield: 6 servings (1/2 c. per serving)

Per serving: about 268 cal, 6 g protein, 35 g carb, 12 g fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium

Brooks in Dallas
PRO 600
"I can have dinner on the ceiling in 5 minutes."

o
RE: LOOKING for: Please! Kitchenaid Recipe

Yes! That is it, Thank You so much! :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here