Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Recipes for cookies using a cookie mold

Posted by lov2garden (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 24, 04 at 11:52

I have cookie molds that are used for shaping the cookies but not baking in them. Instead the cookies are molded, unmolded and placed on a cookie sheet to bake.

I've found that all cookie recipes are not equally good for rolling AND molding. The recipe I use with cookie cutters doesn't spread but it puffed just enough to lose the designs when I tried using it for molded cookies!

Do you have good recipes for molded cookies? Sugar, gingerbread, chocolate---any variety will do as long as it holds the mold shape during baking.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Recipes for cookies using a cookie mold

I found the Cookie Art Exchange which includes some recipes (look for Cookie Recipes in the left-hand column under "Brown Bag Cookie Art".

Here are some additional recipes from the small booklet that came with my cookie mold, from Brown Bag Cookie Art:

Chocolate Cookies

Follow the recipe for Sugar Cookies at the web site, but add 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa to the sugar. Do not chill the dough. Mold as directed.

===============================================

Orange Spice Cookies

1/2 cup butter - softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar - packed
1 egg (medium or large)
1 Tablespoon grated orange rind
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
1 Tablespoon orange liquor
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/8 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups flour - scoop measured (use your measuring cup to scoop flour from the bag, then level)

Thoroughly cream the softened butter and sugar together by hand or with a mixer. Beat in the egg (if using a mixer, use the slowest speed), the grated orange and lemon rinds, and the orange liquor. In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, then stir them into the butter mixture. Knead for a minute. Chill the dough for 30 minutes and mold cookies as directed.

Bake at 350 in the top third of your oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are nicely browned.

==============

Enjoy!

Jen

o

Here are a couple of sites that might be of interest: Just "copy 'n paste".

http://www.christmas-baking.com/springerle.shtml
http://www.cookiemold.com/MoreRecipes.html

o

Thank you both! Lisbet, you're going to get me in more trouble---one of those sites sells awesome molds too!
Just beautiful.
Barbara

o

I'm always getting into that kind of trouble, too! :-))

o

Wow, those are nice molds. I just printed the order form to buy some cookie stamps. They would make very nice gifts especially with some of the cookies included.

Thanks for posting the links!

Jen

o

I just addressed and stamped the envelope to order some of the cookie stamps at the site Lisbet posted above... CookieMold.com.

Jen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here