Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: looking for classic chocolate truffle receipe

Posted by judithva (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 9, 06 at 11:11

Does anyone have a classic chocolate truffle receipe using heavy cream? I have seen some that use evaporated milk, but I understand they don't have that "melt-in-your-mouth feel.
I want to make some gifts for my office workers, and want package them in pretty satin covered boxes that I seen for a buck in Michaels Arts and Crafts store.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: looking for classic chocolate truffle receipe

Here's Alton Brown's recipe...about as classic as it gets.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Truffles

o

I made these for a chocoholic friend's birthday & she loved them. Bookmark this site as I've never had a bad recipe from it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Truffles

o

Oh my, they both sound good. I have no doubt that Alton's recipe is incredibly delicious (being that it is Alton's recipe and the number of 5-star reviews at the site), and the one at the site Ginger posted sounds very good too. Ginger, I've been to that site a number of times and finally bookmarked it this time. Every recipe there looks wonderful.

o
RE:thank you

Thank you Lindac and ginger, I printed them out, they sound exactly what I am looking for! I will do one set in the bittersweet and one set in the semi sweet chocolate, I think this will be a yummy Christmas gift.

o

Wow! I love the recipes. I was searching for truffle recipes and these are great. My daughter and I are thinking about starting a small chocolate candy biz and are looking for ideas.

Here is a great quick recipe we use.

Crush 1 package of Oreo cookies in the food processer.
Soften 1 8 oz package of cream cheese and add to cookies.
Roll into balls and refrigerate for about an hour.
Temper milk or dark chocolate and dip.
Let cool and keep stored in refrigerator.
They can also be rolled in cocoa, powdered sugar,chopped nuts,coconut, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here