Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Toasted Oatmeal Cookie

Posted by msmitoagain (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 30, 08 at 10:58

I love this cookie recipe. I hope this is not where I found the recipe, so if it is forgive me for re-posting it.

But, they are so good and everybody that has made them loves them.

Here is a link that might be useful: toasted oatmeal cookies

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Toasted Oatmeal Cookie

It sounds like Roselin's recipe.

o

Mine is similar but it doesn't use self rising flour and makes a lot more cookies. My husband would go thru 2 dozen in a day!!
Here's my recipe:
Toasted Oatmeal Cookies
3/4 c butter
2 c quick cooking oatmeal, uncooked
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c chopped pecans
Melt butter in a skillet and cook over med. heat until lightly browned. Add oats and cook for five minutes or until oats are golden. Cool
Combine sugar, egg, and vanilla. Combine flour, and next 4 ingredients. Stir all ingredients together. Mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tsps 3" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with a glass a little. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or til golden. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool.
Yield 3 1/2 dozen.
Source...Southern Living
RL`

o

Roselin, I've made this recipe. It's wonderful! One of the best oatmeal cookies I've tasted!

o

Beachlily,
Glad to hear you enjoy them......they are my favorite oatmeal cookie too unless you count the ones that you soak the raisins in rum first!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here