Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Berry pies with a cream cheese layer

Posted by organic_hedgehog (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 4, 09 at 10:00

Fashioned after a favorite of mine from Baker's Square: Lemon Supreme Pie. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixed with powdered sugar to taste (or Neufchatel for a lower fat version)over a prepared crust. Top with berry filling. Add whipped cream in decorative blobs or totally covering the berries. The cream cheese layer adds so much taste.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Berry pies with a cream cheese layer

I read your post, got up from my computer, went to the kitchen and created a dessert I've never made before.

Inspired by the cream cheese powdered sugar mixture and a few misc dessert cookbooks

here is what I ended up with.

1 brick of softened cream cheese (had it out to make some banana bread but ran out of time to do what I planned with it).

"some" 3/4 cup? maybe 1/2 cup? powder sugar

made 1/2 recipe for banana cream pie filling. which was flour, sugar, milk, (which made the pudding) then added egg yolks, then some butter and vanilla

cooled that, then added 3 sliced bananas.

whipped up some whip cream (heavy whipping cream, with a tad bit of powder sugar mixed in.

Then graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar, mixed up.

spread about 3/4 of that out on the bottom of a square baking pan, pressed down firm.

Then spooned on a layer of the cream cheese, then the banana pudding mixture, then more crumbs, then more cream cheese mixture, toppped off with fresh whipped cream.

Should turn out to be like a banana cheesecake :)

I'll let you know in the morning how yummy it is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here