Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tlsullivanct

LOOKING for: Linzer Cookie Recipe

tlsullivanct
18 years ago

I felt compelled a few years ago to order a set of Linzer cookie cutters. I don't see a recipe in the box. Do I attempt to make these cookies - are they worth it? Or do I save these cutters for the next neighborhood tag sale. ;-)

Comments (6)

• roselin32
    18 years ago

I enjoyed them too when we lived in Germany but they are a lot of work. I make these and they are similar but much easier:
    Raspberry Bars
    2 1/2c all purpose flour
    1 c sugar
    1 c chopped pecans` OR walnuts
    1 c butter, softened
    1 egg
    1 10 jar raspberry preserves
    Grease a 9x13" baking pan. In a large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients except preserves. Beat at low speed until mixture is crumbly about 2-3 minutes. Reserve 1 1/2 c of crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into baking pan.
    Spread preserves to within 1/2" from edges of the unbaked crumb mixture. Crumble remaining crumb mix over preserves.
    Bake in a preheated 350°oven for 40-50 minutes or til lightly browned. Cool completely and cut into bars.
    From "The American Cancer Society Cookbook"
    RL`

• tlsullivanct
    Original Author
    18 years ago

... they are a lot of work.

Hmmm ... while I like the challenge (at times) I am definitely going to make the Raspberry Bar recipe you posted. Thank you!

• roselin32
    18 years ago

Let me know how you like them-they are a real favorite here.
    I just don't have the patience to make the linzer cookies when they will just be eaten!! Guess that is why I like to make drop cookies and only a couple of rolled out ones.
    RL`

• lisbet
    18 years ago

Here's a place to look. Seems like a wonderful recipe !!

Here is a link that might be useful: Linzer cookie Recipe

• danain
    18 years ago

I'll bet this one is good. Check out the reviews.

Here is a link that might be useful: Linzer Cookies, Gail Gand

• lisbet
    18 years ago

I remember that I made them one Christmas, when my children were little. They didn't seem to be any more trouble to make than any other cookie! Everyone loved them.

Guess there are quite a number of versions of the same thing, with the ingredients varying a bit. Whatever version....the results are well worth the trouble of making them! Not hard to make at all!